Chapter 12

I waited in anticipation for Emma to arrive home. This was her fifth date with Hook and she seemed to really enjoy spending time with him.

Even though I felt nothing but love for Emma, I was glad to see her this happy, even though it was with someone else. She didn't know about my and Hook's talks and I wasn't planning on telling her about them.

I just hoped Hook knew how special and amazing Emma was.

Hook and I had briefly shared a conversation, this morning, and he still seemed proud he was with Emma and that I wasn't.

Frankly, he didn't bother me that much anymore. At least, that was what I kept telling myself, but I felt something nagging inside me.

Yet, I didn't have anything to do. Why had I told Emma we wouldn't work out? Why was I that afraid of commitment?

Emma and Hook had been dating for a month, now, but Emma still lived with me and Henry. We didn't even talk about it, she always came home.

Except a few nights after her dates with Hook and I had tried so hard to focus on anything but her.

Tonight, I couldn't help but hope that she would come back again. I tried not to show it, but I still felt amazing every time she was near me.

Henry noticed it too, and he had tried to get me to talk to Emma several times. I never had, though. I didn't want to take her happiness away from her.

Robin and I had been hanging out more lately, as well. I liked his company, but I was certain he wasn't my soulmate.

I didn't know why TinkerBell had told me that, but I just didn't feel the same way around him as when I was with Emma.

He was nice, though and I did enjoy spending time with him.

I was sitting on the couch with a thick blanket spread over my body and a cup of hot cocoa warming my hands. Emma had gotten me hooked on the beverage.

As soon as I heard the front door close, I sat up. I wanted to stay casual, yet interested in Emma at the same time.

I didn't hear anything anymore for quite some time, so I put my cup down and got off the couch before I made my way over to the hallway.

Emma was leaning with her head against the door and had her eyes closed. She immediately opened them when I closed the living room door and smiled faintly.

"How was your date?" I asked, but from the look on Emma's face, I could tell it hadn't been as splendid as all the others.

"Great," Emma said and it was an obvious lie. "I'm just.. not going to see him anymore."

From everything I'd expected her to say, I hadn't seen this coming. She'd seemed so happy with Hook.

"Why not?" I couldn't hide my confusion and Emma shrugged absentmindedly.

"I don't want to talk about it. Sorry."

I furrowed my eyebrows, but as I didn't want to push her, I didn't question any further.

"Do you want something to drink or do you just want to do sleep, or cry? You choose," I offered and smiled sincerely before I walked closer to her. "I don't know what happened, but if that jerk did anything to hurt you, I swear to God he will regret it."

Emma furrowed her eyebrows and cocked her head. "Did you talk to him, recently?"

I swallowed and shrugged. Had Hook said something to her about our conversation from a month ago? One where I swore I'd hurt him if he hurt Emma.