Chapter 2-how she was his

How she was his
Nick's POV
Wednesday
37 days left
I still couldn't get what that guy had said out of my head. It bothered me that the unknown girl could just die. Sure she wouldn't feel it but that didn't make it all right. I walked down the familiar side walks. Even though I normally came every other day, I had decided to come again today, I wanted to visit the Jane Doe.

The lady in the floral shop was surprised to see me again today, but made no comment. I walked to the hospital and stopped at the reception desk. Thankfully it wasn't that slut from yesterday. It was a man, human, late twenties.

"Hi, I was wondering if I could visit a coma patient." I began. He looks at me, with no interest what so ever.
"Ah yes, the girl Ella, correct?" He asks me. I shook my head.

"No, not just her, I would like to see the Jane Doe." I tell him. Around me, everyone shuts up. All the staff stares at me in silence.

"The Jane Doe?" He asks, surprised.

"Yes. I heard about her from one of your janitors." I tell him.

"Of course, as long as you're already in our system, it's okay. I guess." He tells me. I roll my eyes, did he just not have any sympathy for this unconscious girl? He hadn't even had a nurse bring me upstairs to this girls room, just left me by myself. I walk up the stairs, hesitant to get to this girls room. I had brought her flowers, assuming no one would.

Eventually I approached her door, 356A. My wolf was jumpy, for no apparent reason, just him being an idiot. He just growled back at me. I turned my attention back to the door, and opened it. I was hit with the smell of rain, some flower, and mint. The most amazing scent, even if it was faded. I shut the door, surprised at the scene in front of me. The comatose patient, was my mate. She was beautiful. She had light brown hair, that was splayed out on her pillow. Even though it was tangled, he could tell it was beautifully straight. Her face was pale, too pale, but she looked like she would tan. She had high cheek bones. Everything else was hidden by a small sheet.

'Go to mate!' My wolf howled. I sent the flowers on her dresser, and walked over to her. My hand brushed over hers, feeling her soft skin. Tingles danced at our connection, but she didn't stir. I pulled a chair up to her bedside and sat down in it. I carefully took her small hand in mine, I needed to know she was there, but also this way she would know I was here.

After memorizing her face, I looked around her sad room. There was dust gathering in the corners, no balloons, flowers, or cards decorated it either. The complete opposite from my sister, who had balloons to spare. There wasn't even a vase for the flowers I had brought her.

I rummaged around her room, there had to be one. I found one in a cupboard in the bathroom. I filled it with water from the tap, and put on it on the dresser. I filled the purple and blue flowers into the vase and sat back at her side. I looked at her, feeling helpless. My mate was hurt, and I couldn't help, dammit, I didn't even know her name. She was mine, and she didn't even know it. I felt broken, especially from what that guy, Noah had said. That her time was almost up.