Chapter 6~ How he was out of ideas

Chapter 6

How he was out of ideas

Nick's POV

Tuesday

10 days left

I didn't know what to do anymore. I felt scared, weak and useless. I was completely out of ideas of how to wake her up. I've kissed her, talked with her, stayed with her, held her, but nothing is working.

"Please just wake up." I whisper to her. She stays ever so silent. I look at her, she was so peaceful.

I had Ella travel to a healer to ask about how to wake her up. But, he said that there must be something holding her back, and until it's mended, or something else becomes much greater, she will stay in comatose. I didn't know what was holding her back, and I didn't know how to get her to drop it. My best guess was something about this, 'Zark' guy. Maybe he died, in fact I think he did, the tears and this cherished child book point to that conclusion. Her brother must have died, and then she must have gotten hurt, forcing her into a coma.
*
*
*
Noah's POV

Tuesday

10 days left

I looked into the window. They both looked so... empty. I felt responsible, well I guess I was. I was the one that told Nick about her. Therefor I was guilty. Although now they both have their mates, I felt like it was still a terrible fate. To watch your mate die in front of you, to see their time slip away. I grab my mop and start to clean a spot on the floor.

A familiar sensation creeps up my spine, up to my neck. Staying at the base of my neck, slowly burning away in a familiar spot. I put the mop against the wall, and walked into a supplies closet. I leaned against a wall, and screamed silently at the pain. It burned away at my neck, shooting pain all over my body, it was a mystery of how I wasn't dead. Too soon, it stopped.

*
*
*
Nick's POV

Sunday

5 days left

I stared at my mate. Still not giving up on her. Five more days till everyone else does, but I won't. I refuse. I got up, and sat next to her. Maybe she needed a push to wake up. I kissed her neck, and bit into where her neck met her shoulder, marking her. I felt an immediate connection between us, it felt like she was sleeping. I kissed the wound and sat back up, waiting for her to wake up. But she didn't. I yelled at myself, I had just marked her, without her permission, and it didn't work. I didn't know what to do, how to save her. I sat back down, pulling at my hair for hatred of myself.
*
*
Nick's POV

Monday

4 days left.

Ella knocked on the door before coming inside. She sat down on the chair across the bed from me. She looked at her, her gaze focusing on her neck.

"You marked her." Ella says, her eyes meet mine, it feels like she's looking into my head, but she's not judging me.

"Yes. I thought it might wake her up. But it didn't." I sigh. I run my hands through my hair and look at Ella.

"Come on, let's head to the cafeteria. My treat." She tells me. I nod and stand up. I follow her out, walking down the stairs.

Finally, we made it to the cafeteria. I grabbed a cheap hamburger and some fruit. Ella grabbed a milkshake and French fries. I smiled at her choice, and she hit me.

"Leave me alone Nick." She grumbled as we sat down.

"But you love me." I grin as I steal a French fry. We banter on for awhile, teasing each other.

"Oh, Adam. You and Adam." I laugh at her. She blushes, Adam was her crush, and they liked each other, but didn't let it get carried away, just for the fact that they weren't mates.

"Stop its nothing." She grumbles and dips a French fry in her chocolate milkshake.

"Yep, totally nothing." I laugh as she sighs, she throws a French fry at me, but I ducked in time. I watched the food sail through the air and hit the back of an old man. He immediately stood up.

"You won't get me this time!" He shouts, grabs his peach and bolts for the door. I grin at the old guy, but Ella doesn't even notice.

"So. Nick about your mate." She starts, not looking at me.

"What about her?" I growl as she lets her eyes wander anywhere but me.

"Um. Connor wanted me to ask you, when you're coming back." She whispered, still not looking at me.

"Well you can tell Connor he can ask me himself." I growl. I continue to eat, refusing to look at her.

"Nick, it's just, he understands, but your his beta, and he just needs to know." She tries to reason.

"Well, if she doesn't wake up I won't come back. Ever." I stare at her, Ella's eyes become wide with worry.

"But there's second chance mates." She tells me.

"No, I refuse. And besides, I've already marked her, so I wouldn't get another, not that I want one." I glare at her. I stand up, mad that this was the only reason she brought me to the cafeteria. I stormed up the stairs, disrupting a few nurses walking down the hallways and staircases.

"Oops! Sorry." A girl exclaimed as I turned a corner. She had blonde hair, and was short. Her eyes were full of excitement. I had run into her, and she backed up and smiled at me before walking off. I was a hallway away from her room when I sensed something was off. Ella followed behind me, but I didn't care. I stepped into her room, and I was met with an unbelievable scene.