Chapter 3- How He Fell into Pee

AN: after making that, I feel like idiot is no longer a word....
Chapter 3
How he fell into pee
Nick's POV
Sunday
33 days left

For the past four days I have practically lived in the hospital. I have been going between my sisters room and my little mates room, but mainly my mates room. Sadly that means putting off my beta duties, but I had a few vacation days, right? Really the only times I left were when she was getting cleaned.

But I felt like the nurses were biased. They made more of an effort on my sister, than my mate. Ella's hair was never tangled, it was swept carefully, no dust, and they made sure to have plenty of flower vases out. While my little mate had nothing. I've begin to feel more and more hopeless as each day passed, seeing the days fly by.

The rules were simple. I've learned them from Noah. He told me that they make no exceptions. The comatose person must either have a name and identity found and given by the year, or they must wake up. No exceptions. Not even for me.

I held my mates hand, listening to her pulse. Da-dah da-dah da-dah. I calmed me, somewhat. She looked painfully peaceful, like she was gone. My wolf hated seeing her like this, he was always whimpering, I wish I had that luxury. But I couldn't I had to stay strong for her.

"Hey, beautiful, I know we technically don't know each other. But I feel like we do. And I'll be here. As long as it takes okay? As long as it takes." I whisper to her.

I let go of her hand as an idea comes to mind. I run into the small bathroom connected to her room. I find shampoo and conditioner, but no bowl. I wanted to clean her hair, and brush it through. I walked out into the hallway, knowing exactly who would be there.

"Noah. Do you have a bowl?" I ask him. He was now mopping the same exact spot on the hospital floor.

"That must be a very clean spot." I say. He looks at me and grins.

"Actually, it's a plan I have. It's for that one doctor. I keep this one little section clean, and he slips. Karmas a bitch." He tells me, and he continues to mop that area.

"Yes, I have a bowl. Gimme a second." He tells me and walks away.

After a few seconds, the doctor that no one seems to like, comes out of my sisters room with a bedpan that's covered with Saran Wrap and labeled: FOR LAB TESTS. He walks out of the hallway, and straight for Noah's mopping puddle. Suddenly he slipped, and went face first into the full bedpan. I break out in hysterical laughter and he yells in horror, that he is now doused in pee. He looks at me, his face red with embarrassment as he runs off towards a locker room. Noah comes put from behind the corner laughing his butt off.

"What an idiot." He laughs. As our laughter dies off, I realize something.

"Well, now that you did that, that brings up the problem of cleaning this up." I tell him. His face is calm for a moment before he realized what that meant. He groans in disappointment, but then laughs as he begins to clean the exact same spot.

"The bowl is on that bench. Just make sure to dry her hair." Noah tells me pointing to the bench. I nod, still smiling from the moment before. I grab the metal bowl that was ice cold. I walk into my mates room, absorbing the scent of my mate. I fill the bowl with hot water and bring it by her bed. I sit her up with pillows gently, so her hair was in the back. I set her hair in the water, immediately it started to untangle itself.

I grabbed a comb from the bathroom and gently combed out all the tangles. I washed out her hair, loving the feel of her hair, and for once not feeling totally useless. Once it was perfect, I cleaned up that area, putting everything back, and the bowl under the sink. I grabbed a towel from the bathroom and dried out her hair.

I sat back down at her side watching her. I admired my handiwork, her hair was a shiny light brown. I took her hand in mine, but then the door bursts open.

"What the hell! Nick what are you doing in here?" I hear my alpha, Connor yell behind me. I stand up and growl at him.

"You should be with your sister!" He yells. I snarl at him, and then his eyes bug out when he sees what's behind me. He holds up his hands in surrender, his eyes hold regret.

"Sorry Nick. I didn't know why you were in here." He tells me. I growl one last time at him and sit in the chair.

"What's her name?" He asks me.

"No one knows." I whisper. Connor does a double take and looks at her.

"A Jane Doe?" He asks. I nod and tame her hand.

"Connor, could we take her back to the pack? You know, keep her there?" I ask him, but before he can answer, a voice comes from behind him.

"No. The humans won't let you. You know that Nick." Noah sighs from behind Connor. He was leaning against the door frame with a mop in hand.

"Who are you?" Connor growls at Noah.

"He helped me find my mate." I tell him. Connor growls but let's him be. Connor sniffs the air and growls.

"How come you don't know who she is? You two are of the same pack!" He yells. I whip my head towards him, questioning his treachery.

"I recently joined Evergreen Pack." He tells me, no emotion in his voice.

"And you haven't heard of her?" I growl at him.

"No." He responds, challenging me. I grab his arm to push him against the door. His skin was ice cold as I did so.

"You better not be lying." I growl at him, and walk back over to my mate. I needed her to wake up. I was going crazy.