Chapter 4- how she woke up

Chapter 4

How she woke up

Nick's POV
Tuesday
31 days left

The doctors said that she would wake up today. And by the looks of Ella, I would say they were right. Her hands were twitching, and she moved her head around. It took twenty minutes from when I walked into her room, for her to finally wake up. It was 3:16 when her eyes fluttered open. I jumped up from my chair, and ran and hugged her.

"Gah!" She croaked when I squeezed her.

"I'm so glad your awake. You have no idea how crazy it's been." I tell my sister. She hugged me back, as best she could.

"What happened?" She groans as she sits back on a pile of pillows. I met her gray eyes.

"You were hit by a semi and went into a coma." I tell her. Her eyes teared up, and took my hand.

"How long?" She asked.

"A little over two weeks. But you didn't miss much at the pack." I tell her. Her eyes narrowed, looking at me, her eyes full of suspicion.

"What else happened? Don't lie to me Nick, I've known you my whole life, I know when your keeping secrets." She tells me, but then coughs violently. Once her coughing fit is over she looks at me, making me tell her.

"Fine, I found my mate." I whisper, knowing fully well that Ella would hear me. She started to squeal in delight and hopped up in down in her bed.

"Ooooo! Who is she?" She asks excitedly.

"I don't know." I sigh, refusing to look at her.

"What do you mean, 'I don't know'?" She asks me. I keep my head down.

"It would be easier if I show you, can you walk?" I ask, standing up I hold out my hand. She looked at me questionably and took my hand, carefully standing up and out of the bed. I opened the door, still leading her.

"Why does it smell like pee out here?" She asks. I snort in humor and continue walking, not answering her question. I lead her to my mates room, I was about to open the door, when she slapped my hand.

"You can't just prance in there! It's not your room!" She whisper yells at me. She looks around like someone in this abandoned hallway was going to yell at her to shut up.

"Just look." I tell her and open the door. I walk in, immediately finding my mate, exactly how I left her. Ella followed me in a gasped when she saw her.

"Is she?" She begins.

"Comatose? Yeah." I tell her. I sit down next to her, and Ella sits next to me.

"She's a Jane Doe, no one has claimed her. So if she isn't claimed, or doesn't wake up, in a month she'll be gone."I whisper in horror. Ella grabs my hand and looks at me.

"I promise, we'll find a way to stop it." Ella tells me and squeezes my hand.

*****

I had been in the hospital lobby with Ella trying to get her out. You have no idea how hard it is to get a person out.

"Dude, we just want to get her home to her own bed tonight." I tell the receptionist.

"I'm sorry, but I'm on lunch break. I can't release anyone right now." The lady says, while typing on her computer.

"You aren't even eating!" Ella yells.

"And it's seven in the at night." I exclaim. She looks at us and huffs.

"It's noon somewhere." She continues typing.

"Please. We just need her to get home." I tell her.

"Please go back to your room. You're disturbing the guests. Go before I call the guards." She tells, pointing to the empty lobby. I huff and drag Ella back up the stairs.

"I don't like that lady. She stupid." Ella groans as we walk back up the stairs.

"I don't think anyone does." I joke as we enter the almost empty hallway. Noah was once again there, but now he was cleaning the windows.

"You're always here, in this hallway, why?" I ask him. He shrugs.

"The other hallways are always to crowded, so I clean them at night." He tells us.

"Noah, this is my sister, Ella, the other person who was in a coma." I tell him. I had to be nice to the guy, he helped me. He turns around and nods at Ella.

"Glad to see you made it out." He say, and walks in the other direction. Ella looks scared, so I pull her into the most
important room here. We sat on opposite sides of the bed.

"That guy gives me the creeps." She shivers. I look at her.

"He's a good guy, he was the one that got me here in the first place. He's nice." I tell her. She looks at me in disbelief.

"He just doesn't seem right." She shrugs.

"Hey, Ella, do you have your cell phone? If it was on you when you came here, the nurses should have left it in your room." I ask, we needed to let the pack know she was awake. She shoots up, happy and excited.

"What?" I ask her. She immediately walks over to the dresser and starts to open the drawers.

"If she had anything, it would be here too!" Ella yells, she starts throwing open drawers in excitement, pulling them out completely in the process. I join her, finding a black backpack. I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of that before, I was an idiot.
We began looking through the backpack. We found mostly clothes. But at the bottom, was a book, and a phone. I look at it excitedly and Ella grabs the phone, and tries to turn it on. But it just stays dark, it must have been dead.

"I think I might have the same charger!" Ella tells me excitedly as she runs/walks out of the room. I opened the book, Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein. On the inside of the cover was a sloppy note.

To Mickey
I know what you're thinking, a child's book? Really? But we read this book over and over when we shared a room.( much to our disgust and our parents humor) We even attempted to steal it from the Library. So since I decided to leave the pack, I thought I would give you something to remember me by, at least hopefully. It's not like I've decided to move across the world, just a few states away. As you know, I've found the perfect job offer, and even though it's away from pack life, it's what I'm looking for. I want you to know that you're welcome to visit me anytime, and I'm always open. It's too hard to stay in the pack, especially with Jen there, and so this will be a fresh start. I love you, and as much as you don't want to admit it, I know you love me as well.
Ps- I ate all your cookies.
From Zark

There were tear stains covering the note, and I knew that these were my mates tears. But now, my mind filled with questions, what name is Mickey a nickname for?