Epilogue

Epilogue

Nick's POV

Tuesday

"Come on! We're almost there." She smiles as she drags me along the sidewalk.

"Where are we going?" I ask her.

"A memorial." She whispers as we approach a building.

"This is where he went to work, he moved so he could be out of the pack, away from his mate, who rejected him, Jen was her name. She committed suicide when she heard of Zark's passing." She tells me, moving slower now.

"Barnes Labs, the owner William Barnes had been the first to notify me. He called me, informing me of his death. He invited me out to here, he told me he would pay for the whole funeral service, in addition to my plane ticket. Of course I accepted. But then the plane was full, so I took a train." She tells me as we walk around the side of the building. On the opposite side of the building, was a small garden, with a glass case in the middle.

"But in the train, I looked into the explosion at the Lab. They said that the bodies were unidentifiable, that they couldn't tell except that they were the only two reported missing. But I hacked into the coroners report, they said that the bodies were 5'3 and 6'2. But neither of them were those heights, she was 5'2 and he was 6'3." She whispers as she walks up to the case. I follow her, and my heart stops once I see the case. Inside were two large photos. One, of a girl, about sixteen, frizzy brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, happy and smiling, above the picture it said, Courtney Sara Smith The other, was a guy, about twenty two, shaggy brown hair, and pale blue eyes. The only difference between this guy and a janitor was the smile on his face, above the picture, it said, Noah 'Zark' Nicholas Moody.

"Noah. When our mum died, we went to church for about a half year, to respect her. And this lady there, was convinced that he was going to be the new Noah and his ark. And she called Noah, Zark. It was funny, and soon everyone called him Zark." She tells me. I stare at the picture, words unable to form. This was crazy, impossible. But it made sense. They looked so similar, I couldn't believe I didn't see it before. He had stayed by his sisters side, brought me to her when she was running out of time. He knew her name, and made sure I didn't give up on her. I was utterly shocked.

"I buried him." I voice came from next to us. I jump to the side, pulling Michaela close to me. Next to us was a hooded figure. She had two candles in hand, and set one next to Noah's and the other next to the other girl's. The girl was dressed in black, black leggings, black sweatshirt, black boots. She stood back up and turned towards us.

"He died, saving my life." The mystery girl tells us. She pulls her hood down. She looked or sort of looked at the case. Her eyes were blank, and grayish blackish. She looked much sadder than how she looked in her picture. Her hair was still frizzy, but her eyes were now unseeing. Next to me, Michaela gasped once seeing her.

"I wanted you to know that he's now in peace. Away from idiots." She starts to mutter to herself. She adjusts her shirt, now showing a huge scar wrapping around her neck. Michaela hesitantly walks towards the supposed dead girl.

"How did he die?" She whispered. Courtney turns away, but doesn't walk away.

"Barnes wanted to turn me into a killer, but one night he pushed me too far. Noah ripped my collar off, but couldn't get his off. Then, Barnes ended him, but I could get away. But then they activated their fail safe, causing me to loose my sight." She says calmly as if talking about the weather.

"What did they do to you?" My mate whispers. Courtney turns towards us, her eyes flash with neon green and change back.

"They killed us." She tells us and walks away. I hug Michaela, trying to make sense of this whole situation. I didn't get any of this.

"Let's get you back to the hospital." I whisper to her reassuringly. As we walk back, I saw movement in the corner of my eye. I turned slight,y to see what it was. It was Noah, across the street. He was just standing on the sidewalk. He looked at our hands, intertwined and smiled. Noah had different clothes on, now he had a t shirt on showing off his scar that wrapped around his neck as well. He waved slightly and then, he disappeared into the air. I hugged Michaela holding her, she hadn't seen her brother, and I'm sure that's how he wanted. But now, I knew we would be together and happy, and I needed to make sure of it cause now, I had a ghost haunting me.

*

*

*

****
Noah's POV

I felt Nick's surprise when he saw the memorial, I didn't blame him. He thought I was alive. I needed to make sure my sister had someone, and that she survived. Now, I only had one more happy ending to secure, and this one was going to be a lot harder. As soon as Michaela and Nick walked off, I waved to them, and disappeared from their view. Courtney was still there, hidden from sight. I closed my eyes, and reappeared in her apartment.
I sat down on the small chair, waiting for her to come inside. I hear the door unlock and someone enter. I hear someone fall in the other room, side effects. I still had them, even though I wasn't even alive. I heard her gasp in pain as a similar flare shot up my spine, and she screamed for a moment. Then I felt it fade away. She walked into the dark room, and she stiffened. I flick on the lights, but something I hadn't expected meets my eyes.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" She yells holding up a knife. Although that wasn't what surprised me.

"Relax." I tell her, she steps closer to me, but still is hesitant.

"Who is that?" She hisses, still holding the knife.

"I'm hurt you don't remember me." I laugh, leaning back.

"Noah?" She asks, her voice much calmer.

"You know it is." I tell her. She smiles and drops the knife.

"When did they take your sight?" I ask her. Her once black eyes, were now a gray dull color and didn't exactly focus on me.

"The day after they killed you." She sniffs.

"Do I even want to know how you're here?" She asks, putting a hand on her hip.

"No. Probably not." I laugh as she rolls her eyes.

"Is it a side effect of the experiments?" She says, not really asking as she sits down on the chair next to me.

"Yeah, I get pain flares still, but I'm guessing yours are even worse?" I tell her.

"Yeah, it's dangerous, you know that, she's dangerous." She sighs.

"So why are you even here?" She asks.

"Well, I brought my sister back from comatose, she met the man of her dreams and now she can have her happily ever after. Now, I only have to get your happy ending, and then, we can get revenge on Barnes and Lambert." I tell her excitedly.

"Well, I don't know about the first part, no one could handle her, but the last part seems fair." She shrugs.

"You deserve a happy ending too Courtney. After hell, everyone gets someone nice." I stare at her. She didn't deserve to be experimented on, I didn't either.

"Well, we can get to that later can't we, first I want to make sure Barnes knows that it isn't okay to fake someone's death, I've made sure that they don't take anyone else." She smirks and stands up as she changes. She gets taller, her hair changed to a black and neon green mix. Her eyes turn to a neon green, no longer blind, and she has a knife in hand.

"Let's go." She speaks in a new voice. I smile as I follow her out.

Ah life

The End
****************
AN- did you see that coming?