12. Love Running Away

Emily's POV:
My pulse is racing, my hands are sweating, my head is pounding with thoughts, and my body is numb. I feel my soul being sucked out of me like I was being put under a spell when her piercing blue eyes meets mine. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I exhale sharply as I stand up and excuse myself. I grab my purse and start walking out the door. I keep my head down as I run past JJ and as I do I hear her heels clicking fast. She was following after me. I knew what would happen if I saw her again and in that moment it did. Tears are pouring down my cheeks as I run to my car trying not to look back at her. I finally reach my car and I slam the door. I see her rushing towards my car in the rear view mirror and before she got any closer, I drive away. As I panic and drive home, my phone starts buzzing like crazy. I knew it was her but I didn't pick up. She finally saw me. Did she follow me? But how would she? It doesn't matter right now. I just need to go home and call Penelope before JJ does.

JJ's POV:
Fuck! She saw me. Why did I listen to Penelope? As I  stand there and stare at her not knowing what to do, she looks at me absolutely terrified. I saw her pick up her purse and walk towards the door and maybe finally I get to tell her everything but was I ready? It doesn't matter now because she was headed towards me and before I could even say her name, she runs away. I didn't want to look like a creep but I had to go after her. She's seen me and I've seen her. It's either I tell her now or I never tell her at all and leave. But as I got closer to her car, she drove away, running right over my heart. I felt my heart shatter as I stood there with tears in my eyes. And before they could roll down my cheeks I felt something else roll down my cheek instead. I put my hand out and what do you know, it starts pouring on me. I finally hailed a taxi after about five minutes. He asked for the address and I tried to tell him the hotel address but what came out of my mouth was "228 Birdcage Walk." It really is now or never because she is all I came here for and what good is it now to wait when she's already seen me. When we get to her house I sit there for a second before the driver started to kick me out, nicely though which I appreciate. As I get out I stand on the side walk waiting. Waiting for what, I don't know. I look at the windows, they were all dark so I guess she didn't make it home yet, but then I hear clicking. I look to the side and I see her glistening in under the moonlight. She look beautiful even when she's covered in rain. I don't think she saw me in the shadows because she walked right passed me and up her porch. I finally step out from under the tree and call out her name.