• 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗛𝗮𝘁𝗲 •

•🌻•

Nikki's POV. July 1986

So, It's happened.

The world knows, they know I'm pregnant.

I knew it would happen eventually because by now it was impossible to hide but I still wasn't prepared for it, the amount of hateful comments I've gotten in the press and on the street is more than I can count.

There are people who have congratulated us but the majority of people don't see it that way. The fans or most of the fans are supporting us which I'm eternally grateful for.

Tommy and I met up with Mick and Vince at our place to just spend time together outside of music and when we went to go home press were stalking the outside- they'd been stalking us for a while now trying to get anything they could on us and to try and figure out why I was acting so different and they certainly got what they wanted.

I, by now, had kind of given up hiding from the press knowing that they'd discover my secret sooner or later and I'm 6 months into this now so nothing I could do anyway by this point would even begin to cover the fact that I was very obviously with child.

For the last few days I hadn't even bothered looking at any magazines but I'd glanced at a couple which had been at Mick's house yesterday when I went over for a few hours to write a riff with him for another song.

Before I went to Mick's yesterday, we went out to the grocery store, let's just say a few people shouted deeply homophobic comments and called me all manor of names but to counter it a small group of chicks, who were also fans, walked over to these pair of guys and properly had a go at them- and the guys never said another word to me, I thanked them and asked them why they stood up for me and this one girl said "Why wouldn't we? There's nothing wrong with you, Nikki it's just there's something wrong with everyone else who judges you for being yourself- congratulations by the way" before smiling and walking off after her friends.

It made my heart melt, I loved our fans- they'd stuck with us through all of the controversial shit we've done and all the bad shit we'd done, it really made me feel loved to know that there were people who weren't gonna judge my differences.

Today, well actually in about 5 minutes we had an interview about the entire situation, MTV had got in touch with Doc and Doug wanting Tommy and me to openly discuss the pregnancy and clear up any confusion people may have- as much as I didn't really want to do this I knew we had to maybe more people will understand. Of course it wouldn't remove all of the negativity and homophobic assholes but it was a start.

Throughout the 5 minute wait I went through so many different emotions and by this point I was feeling rather sick- I wasn't going to throw up but I just felt uneasy, the baby was also kicking relatively hard making my face comfort into mind discomfort as I shuffled slightly in my seat rubbing onto my bump to try and calm my baby down- Tommy quickly picked up on my behaviour and questioned me on it "Nik? What's the matter?"

"The baby" I groan lightly as a kick is placed onto my bladder.

Damn that's uncomfortable.

"Is something wrong?" He asks in a mild panic.

I shook my head. "No, we're okay, just kicking my bladder it's fucking uncomfortable"