Chapter 23

"You don't have to agree to this." Yuta said as he sat across from Taeil in his headmaster office at the Academy.

Taeil simply shook his head. "You're the interim Clan Leader, Yuta. During a time like this, that becomes more important than you responsibilities as an instructor here."

Yuta mumbled a curse under his breath. He was hoping he could get out of returning to the clan since exams were coming soon but clearly, it wasn't going as planned.

"Plus, after what happened, your clan needs you more than ever." Taeil said as he stood up from his desk, Yuta following.

"Why are you telling me this?" Yuta asked a Taeil walked past him, opening the door to his office.

"Because I know you don't want to go back." Taeil said as Yuta shoved his hands in his pockets, stepping forward.

"But trust me when I say that we don't want you there either."

...

Nari opened the door to the empty greenhouse, stepping inside.

Yangyang had asked her to cover for him that day as he had a tough exam coming up, especially with it being his senior year. Nari had instantly agreed, not minding the additional tasks at all.

Nari took out the list of items she needed to complete as she opened up the shed in the corner, grabbing an apron out. She slowly completing each of the tasks, watering and tending the plants.

Nari was surprised when she heard the door open. Yangyang?

Nari placed the watering can in her hands down, wiping her dirty hands on the apron as she stood up, making her way to the door. She was surprised by the sight of a tall male, leaning his back on against the door with his eyes closed, a deep sigh escaping his lips.

"Jisung?"

Jisung immediately opened his eyes as he heard Nari's voice. "I thought Yangyang and Renjun-"

"Yangyang's off today." Nari told him. "And Renjun comes on Friday afternoons just to chat."

Jisung looked down, scratching the back of his neck. "Sorry, I didn't know that I was intruding. I just needed to get away from the others."

Nari raised an eyebrow. "The other?"

"Well not exactly." Jisung confessed. "More like a certain female vampire that unexpectedly rejected me."

Nari widened her eyes in surprise. "Jimin rejected you?"

"Geez, no need to shove it in my face." Jisung mumbled as he adjusted his bag on his shoulder. "It's not like we had literally the most perfect first kiss and everything was all lined up and then when you finally have the guts to ask her out, she says no."

Nari couldn't help but smile as Jisung blabbered on. She simply pointed to a bench in the middle of some plants.

"Well if you want a quiet place to work, that bench is one of my favourite spots." Nari told him.

Jisung glanced over at where she was pointing at before turning back to the girl. "You're letting me say."

Nari nodded, making her way back to where her watering can was. "It's a little quiet in here anyways."

As Nari picked up her can, she noticed that Jisung had indeed settled on the bench, pulling out his notebooks and headphones.

She continued completing the many tasks Yangyang had given her, ignoring Jisung's presence.

Was it weird that her former crush was sitting right there, alone in the green house with her? A little. Did she care though? Not at all, she was far over those times of immaturity.