Chapter 30

"I need your help." Chanwoo said to the kitsune, staring at him.

Yuta sighed, glancing at the food on the table where Misaki was sitting. He turned back to Chanwoo.

"How important is it?" Yuta asked just as Jinsol stepped out from behind him.

"Very important." Jinsol said, her eyes dark.

"Alright." Yuta said, stepping inside to where Misaki was. She looked up as he neared.

"Is something wrong?" Misaki asked as Yuta quickly shoved a few bites of food in his mouth.

"I'm going to head out for a bit and deal with whatever you need me to." Yuta said, putting the now half-full bowl down.

"I see." Misaki said, staring at the dishes.

As Yuta was about to go upstairs to change his clothes when he turned back to Misaki who was beginning to pack up the food.

"Prepare some tea for when I return. Let's talk." Yuta said, giving the girl a small smile before heading up the stairs.

...

"Yah, are you listening?" Rena exclaimed, waving a hand in front of Jisung, who instantly snapped out of whatever trance he was in. Jaemin looked away, trying not to laugh.

"Huh?" Jisung said, knowing that he was caught red handed.

"She said that you need to be careful." Jaemin said, hoping his girlfriend would let Jisung's behaviour slide. "We never know what the Devil is going to throw at us."

"Right." Jisung mumbled to himself. Jaemin noticed Jimin try to suppress her yawn, looking away.

These children need to sleep earlier, Jaemin thought as Rena continued.

"Now that we're done briefing, be prepared for tonight." Rena told them.

"Tonight?!" Jimin exclaimed with wide eyes. Rena nodded.

"That's right. We need to get down there and back as soon as possible. The faster we figure out what that woman has planned, the faster we can get everything sorted out." Rena told her team just as the door flew open.

Rena was about to lose her temper when she saw who it was.

"Why are you here?" Jaemin asked the Vampire Queen. "Don't you have a kingdom to lead?"

"No time to chat." Seri said, staring the others down.

"We need to head out. Fast."

...

"Renjun, don't-"

"I know you did it." Renjun exclaimed as he barged into the Witch Coven Leader's study, surprising the woman.

"Do that." Minjee sighed as her mother stood up.

"Did what?" Minjee's mother asked, closing the book in her hand. Even though she was secretly performing a spell to cover the title, it was too late. Minjee had already seen it and she was certain that Renjun had seen it as well.

"Black magic." Renjun told her, crossing his arms over his chest.

To Minjee's surprise, her mother didn't object. "You're right, I did."

"Why?" Renjun asked. Minjee's mother simply gave him a small smile.

"I'll tell you once my daughter leaves the room."

...

"Are you serious?" Yuta said as Chanwoo and Jinsol brought him over to a open parking lot, where two groups of boys were. One of them were werewolves while the other were kitsunes.