Chapter 12

"I need to talk to Mike so he won't keep threatening you. I know it makes you uncomfortable." Dwayne says in a rather serious tone as we walk up to the house. "Tomorrow wake me up and I'll walk to school with you. If we don't see him that morning then I'll pick you up after school and stay with you. He won't dare say or do anything wrong if I'm around."

"Just don't get into a fight." I whisper as we walk up to the door. He nods and gives me a reassuring smile as we enter the house.

———————————————————————————

The next day I wake up for school and walk into the living room where Dwayne is. I see he's still asleep on the couch and my grandma isn't around so I walk over to him and lean over to give him a gentle kiss on the lips. Once he feels the kiss I hear a soft gasp then a slight hum come from him as I feel his arms wrap around me and pull me closer. I won't deny the fact that I was in heaven with this experience and I don't doubt that he was as well but we had to stop so we don't get caught.

"I wish you could wake me up like that more often." He says with a rather happy tone.

"I will when I can." I reply softly as he stands up and hugs me close. "Let's get ready for the day."

Once we both were dressed and ready we left the house and walked down the street hand in hand. To our surprise no one was out this morning. "This is odd." I state as I look around the empty streets.

"It really is." Dwayne replies.

We walk the entire way to school with no trace of Mike anywhere. Once we made it to the front entrance Dwayne gave me a kiss and went off to find Mike with a promise to come pick me up after school and tell me what happened.

The day went by relatively quickly and it was much to my delight because that means I get to see my handsome lover again. I exited the school and sure enough he was there waiting but with a serious expression on his face. "What's wrong?" I ask as I walk up to him.

"Just Mike gave me a hard time is all baby. You don't need to worry about it." He replies and wraps his arm across my shoulders and we started walking.

"Well what happened?"

"He's extremely jealous of course." Dwayne let's put a heavy sigh as we walk along the sidewalk. "We got into a big fight about how he saw you first and claimed you. How I just came in and ruined everything." He groans and runs his fingers through his medium length blonde hair then looks at me with his blue eyes that now hold such sadness in them. "We're not friends anymore."

"I'm not surprised in all honesty." I groan my reply at him but still hug him to try and comfort him. "It was a good call to end the friendship after all he's put us through." He just nods his head sadly and sighs again. I know it was hard for him to cut the friendship off after so many years but it was the best move to make.

On the way home we passed by my friends house who was home for once. Jason was home and was outside with the family's dogs, when he saw us he came right up to the gate. "So Krystal, how are you and your cute lover boy doing?" He teases playfully with a big grin on his face.

"We're fine. He just dropped Mike as his friend because of all the issues we've been having."

"Yeah me and him got into a big fight." Dwayne sighs. "He's just so jealous. He can't be happy for us at all."

"He won't be happy because it's not him. You guys just need to move on and live your lives. Be happy you have each other." Jason encourages while smiling. He's trying to make us happy but Dwayne's still upset he lost his friend. "Oh come on."