Hide and Seek

"Whoa! Emma, what happened to you?" Ray asked as he came back from the infirmary for his bleeding nose. Emma was covered in dirt patches, a couple bruises, and I was currently patching up a few cuts with Band-Aids. "Maya happened." The injured female pointed to me, I waved and smiled. "Okay, remind me never to piss you off." Ray said sitting on his bed. "Damn right." I said quietly. "Bad word!" Emma yelled at me, I just laughed a bit. "Sorry." I said as I finished patching up Emma. I sighed and flopped onto my bed and then out of nowhere, Conny flopped on top of my stomach. "Oof!" I said as Conny laughed and I started chuckling a second after. "Conny! Sorry Maya. I look away for one second and she does this." Don said running over and rubbing the nape of his neck, I smiled at him and waved it off. 

"It's fine Don. It's not like she hurt me." I smiled at him and neither of us noticed Ray glaring at Don. "Now Conny, what was that about?" I asked as I sat up with her in my lap. "Ray's been hogging you all day! It's my special day, I'm gonna be leaving." Conny pouted as she glared at Ray and I remembered that she was leaving. "Right, what do you wanna do?" I asked with a smile. "Hide and seek!" Conny said excitedly and I nodded. "Alright, let me ask Mom if we can go outside to do this last game for you." I said and she nodded. I got up as I said I'd be right back and went to look for Mom. 

I knocked on her office door and I heard a soft, "Come in." I walked in to see Mom looking at a few papers. "Hello Maya, what do you need?" Mom asked as she set down the papers and walked over. "Conny wants to play Hide and Seek as a last bonding kind of thing before she leaves, is that alright?" I asked and she thought about it for a second. "Outside?" She asked and I nodded. "I can find them if we loose anyone, you know how I have crazy good hearing and smell." I reasoned, hoping that would be good enough to have her say yes. "Alright, but make sure not to let anyone go past the gate or fence alright?" Mom asked and I nodded happily. "I won't, I promise!" I said as I hugged Mom. "Thanks Mom!" I said as I ran out of her room, closing the door behind me. 

"So? What'd she say?" Emma asked and I smiled. "She said it was fine as long as no one went past the gate or fence." I said and Conny started jumping up and down like the child she was. "Yay!" she yelled, catching everyone else's attention. "Why's Conny so excited?" Phil asked. "Mom said that we could play one last game of Hide and Seek for Conny! As long as no one goes past the gate or fence that is." I said and everyone got excited. "Alright guys! Let's go outside!" Emma said running out of the room with everyone following. "Come on Ray." I said and he didn't say anything. "Ray?" I asked slinging my arm around his shoulders but he still didn't say anything. "Come on Ray~ For me?" I asked and he looked away. "Fine." He said and I smiled. "Let's go!" I said grabbing his hand and dragging him behind me. 

"Okay, Conny. Who do you want to be 'It' first?" I asked since it was her special day. "Hmm..." She trailed off thinking and looking around. "Emma!" She yelled pointing to her and she nodded. "Alright!" Emma agreed. "Alright then Emma. Close your eyes and count to, 25!" I said and she nodded. "Once I say so, Emma, you start counting. Everyone else, go and hide." I announced as everyone nodded. "Alright..." I trailed off smiling. "SCATTER!" I yelled and everyone ran in different directions to hide as Emma started counting. I ran and jumped into a tree near the gate, I was so focused on making sure Emma didn't find me I didn't notice someone else in the tree. I gasped when someone wrapped their arms around my waist but I relaxed once I realized it was Ray as he buried his head in the crook of my neck. I smelled something strange but shook it off as some kind of Forest creature. I tensed when I heard someone walking towards us. "What is i-" I cut Ray off by covering his mouth with my hand and putting my finger to my lips telling him to shut up.

 He nodded and I looked down to see Emma looking around, she looked like she saw something and ran off. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I felt Ray grab my hand, I was confused, then I felt something wet on my hand. "What the-! Did you just fucking lick my hand!?" I whisper-yelled at him as I pulled my hand out of his grasp and he smirked. "I've never heard you curse before~" He whispered into my ear and he blew on my ear which made me tense up. "Stop it! When the hell did you get so flirty!?" I whisper-yelled at him as he still smirked. "Found you!" I heard someone yell from below us, Emma found us. "Aw, man! This is your fault!" I said at Ray as we jumped down from the tree.