Little Bunny

I started sniffing around and I had caught onto Norman's scent. "I got Norman! Let's go!" I said as I started running with Ray following. I found Norman and Emma at the fence. "Oh, Ray, You found Maya!" Emma said, catching Norman's attention. "Hey!" I waved as the other two returned it. It was silent as we all looked off at the fence. "Never go near the gate of fence in the back of the forest because it's dangerous." I repeated Mom's words from years ago. "Yeah, Mom always tells us that." Norman said. "She says that, but it's not even true." Ray said and I turned to him. "How so?" I asked and he looked at me. "Well, look at it. What part of this do you find dangerous? The fence is low and I don't see anything remotely threatening." Ray said and I nodded, he had a point. "But we should really do what Mom told us." Emma reasoned. "You really love Mom, don't you?" Ray asked and I could tell Emma was getting a bit wound up. "Sure, Everyone does!" Emma almost yelled but before I could try to get her to calm down, my leg was hugged by something or rather someone. "I found you!" Conny said happily and I smiled as I picked her up. "That's right Conny!" I said as I hugged her. "Conny-" Do yelled but cut himself off once he saw me holding Conny.

"Oh, I see you found Maya." Don chuckled and Conny nodded. "Is the game over?" Gilda asked as she walked over along with some of the other kids. "We should get back, if we're out too late Mom'll be worried." Norman said and I nodded. "Someday, we'll have to leave this place, huh?" Don said and I sighed. "This is an orphanage, of course we'l have to leave eventually." Ray said putting his arm around my shoulder. "Y'know, it's weird." Gilda said catching my attention. "We've never gotten any letters." She said and I thought. "You're right..." I trailed off as I thought. "Letters?" Emma asked. "Yeah, nothing from anyone that've been adopted over the years." Gilda said and I was confused. "Oh, that? I'm sure they're just being considerate to their foster parents." Norman said and I nodded. "But still!" Don yelled catching my attention. "We were brought here as babies, we're the only family we know. Even if we aren't blood-related, we're still family!" Do yelled and I thought. "Maybe the outside world is just so incredible that they've forgotten all about life at the house." Gilda said and I shook my head. "I don't think so, maybe they are sending letters but they just never get here? I've never known what our address is." I reasoned and Emma looked at me confused. "Address?" She asked and I set Conny down. 

"Yeah, our address is either the House number or just the location of the House. We know the name of the House but Mom never told us the number so maybe they want to send letters or gifts but they just don't know where to send them." I said and most of them nodded. "I guess you have a point Maya." Norman sighed. "I wanna go outside too!" Gilda groaned. "And what would you do out there anyways?" Nat asked Gilda. "Isn't it obvious? Try out new clothes!" Gilda said and I sighed. "Again?" I said to myself. "I deserve to! We only have this one uniform! I read a book one time and it said the world has hundreds of designs and patterns, I wanna wear them all!" Gilda yelled and I chuckled. "I wanna try out all of the yummy food!" One said and I laughed a bit. "I wanna find a cute girl to date!" Don said and Ray put his arm around my waist. "I've got one right here." He whispered to me which made me giggle and blush. "You realize that's an insult, right Don?" Gilda said and I kept laughing.

Emma's Pov

"I wanna find a cute girl to date!" Don said as everyone was saying reasons why they want to go outside. 'That's a bit rude.' I thought as I looked to Ray and Maya. I almost squealed when I saw them, Ray was hugging Maya and I heard Ray say, "I've got one right here." to Maya. "Look at Maya and Ray!" I whisper-yelled to Norman, he only chuckled a bit when he saw them. "I knew it." He said and I was confused. "You already knew? And didn't tell me!?" I whisper-yelled as he kept chuckling. "I didn't tell you because I knew you'd freak out and pester them, I thought it'd be better to let them go their own pace." He said and I sighed. "Of course you're being the logical one again." I sighed and went back to listening to the conversation between everyone.