A F-Farm?

Maya's Pov

"I'm back!" I yelled as I caught up with the running pair. "Man, you've gotten faster." Norman said as I slowed to their speed. "Let's go Give Little Bunny back to Conny!" I said as Emma handed Little Bunny back to me. Once we got to the gate, it was still open. They weren't gone yet! "Conny?" I quietly called, but to no avail. We all walked into the dark tunnel, and looked around. "I think this is the truck that's gonna take Conny to her new family." I said as the other two nodded. "I've never seen a Vehicle in real life." Emma said and I nodded, I've only seen them in books I've read. Norman went to look at the front for a driver with Emma while I looked in the back to see if Conny was there. I stopped in front of a puddle underneath a dripping water pipe for a second. "No one's here, there's no driver either." Norman said and I went to the back. "Maybe she'll just find it if we leave it in the back." I said and moved the curtains from the back of the truck.

I slapped my hand over my mouth to keep myself from screaming, I dropped Little Bunny and both Emma and Norman both ran over as I fell to my knees. "E-Emma.....Don't" I tried to stop her as she went to look behind the curtains, she froze and started stepping back. "N-Norman..." She trailed off as her voice went shaky. Norman took a deep breath and looked behind the cloth. His breath hitched as he froze. Conny was laying upside down with a small bouquet of flowers piercing her midsection, she was pale and had a horrifying look left on her face. "Is someone there?" A voice said from a door next to us, my breath hitched as my head shot in the direction of the door. "Hey, did you hear a voice just now?" The same voice asked and I froze in place. "It's just your imagination." Another voice said and the door started to open. All three of us shot to the other side of the truck like our lives depended on it, which they probably did. I quickly grabbed Little Bunny as I then hid with my two friends.

I heard their footsteps go around the truck and I motioned to go under the truck and the two obligated. "If it was a stray cat, I would've caught'n it for dinner." The first one from earlier said. "You eat those disgusting things?" The second one said hastily as their shadows moved in front of us. I went to look who was there and I was horrified when I saw their faces. They had what looked like a deformed skull with horns for a head with two eyes trailing down the middle, and they had bony hands and long sharp claws. I covered my mouth to keep from screaming in fear. One of them picked up Conny's lifeless body and opened their mouth, It had sharp jagged teeth and a long tongue that went into a point. "It looks so delicious! Human flesh is definitely the tastiest!" The same one spoke as I started to shake. "No....." I quietly trailed off as the other dropped Conny into a tank of blue liquid. "Damn! I wish I could have just a fingertip!" The first one complained and I shook my head. "Please no......" I whispered into my hand. "Don't joke, it's valuable merchandise. Definitely not something we are meant to enjoy." The other one scolded the first one as I started to silently whimper. "The human flesh from this farm is the highest quality, only the richest can afford it." The second one continued as I started shaking even more.

It took everything in my body to stop myself from breaking down and having a panic attack. "Where's Mom?" Emma asked but Norman quickly and quietly shushed her. "How's the Gupna?" A third one asked as he stepped over. "It's mostly done sir." The other answered as I went to look at the third one and he was even same as the other two. "Another six-year-old. We've only been shipping out average ones lately." It said as he looked at some kind of chart. "But we'll be harvesting some of the high-grade stock soon enough. Right Isabella." The same one asked and I froze. "Yes." A woman replied and I could recognize that voice in a heartbeat. "Mom...?" I whispered in shock. "These four with full marks are to be prepared for plucking." Who I assume to be the boss at this point, said and I just stayed there. With my mouth agape and my body shaking. "Yes sir, I understand." Mom replied and I started shaking again. "Hold on." The boss said and I tensed. "I smell something." It said and I panicked, we all got up silently and slipped away and once we got away from the gate we ran as fast as we could.

Once we were a good distance away we stopped, I fell to my hands and knees trying to catch my breath. "This place is a farm, we're all just, food!?" Emma yelled in between pants. "It can't be. Didn't everyone go to foster homes? Mom is a normal loving mother right?!" Emma kept yelling as we all caught our breath. "Right! This is all just a big mistake! What we saw wasn't Conny! She's in her foster home, with her new loving family! She's already righting stacks of letters for us!" I yelled as I started to cry, trying to convince myself this wasn't real. Norman shot up and just looked at Emma and I, he took a deep breath. "I'm afraid that was Conny." He said and I cried even harder. "No! You're lying! Conny's alive! This is all just a mistake....." I trailed off as I cried with Emma.

When they get back to the house...

"Hey, welcome home, how'd it go?" Ray asked Norman as me and Emma were trailing behind him. ".....We didn't make it in time." Norman hesitated as we all walked up the stairs. I was about to go into our room when Ray grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his arms in a warm hug, I was shocked but then I just broke down. I started to cry even harder. "Ray..." I trailed off in my shaky voice as I clung to his shirt. "Shh. It's okay, I'm here." He comforted me while he stoked my hair as I cried into his chest until I fell asleep in his arms.