Escape plan Pt.2

"Hey, guys!" I said as I walked down the stairs after telling Mom that Naila was asleep. "Hey, Maya." Norman waved along with Emma. "Let's do this." Emma said and I walked down to them. 

"We are going to need to get our hands on some rope. I have an idea of where they might be." Norman said and Emma and I nodded. "I'll see you two tonight at ten in the hallway." Norman said as he started walking up the stairs. "Wait." Emma said grabbing his arm making him stop. "They have tracking devices on us, what if they have other stuff like cameras or listening devices?" Emma said and I smiled. "So you guys figured it out." I said and they both looked at me. "Yeah, how did you know before us?" Norman asked. "It was just a hunch, either way, Mom didn't have to do what I said. She could have easily asked me to go look instead since I would just sniff her out, but she knows that. I think she wanted us to see that, I think she's trying to say that we can't hide and even if we tried, she'd find us." I said and they looked surprised. 

"Wow, you surely figure thing out fast." Emma sweatdropped. "Either way, It's not likely that they have things like listening devices or cameras on us. I already took that into account, I looked around he house, there's not anything like that anywhere." I shrugged with a slight smile. "When'd you do that?"Emma asked confused and Norman nodded. "Don't remember." I shrugged and they sweatdropped. "I should've known! The security measures aren't in the house, they're on us!" I said frustrated, I took a deep breath and calmed down. "You think Mom knows already? That we were at the Gate that night?" Emma asked and I shrugged. "Most likely not, she probably knows someone was there but not who." I said as we walked up the stairs. "She didn't know about when we were past the fence at playtime or when we went to deliver Little Bunny either, so she probably doesn't know." I continued. 

"You're right." Emma said. "Mom doesn't always know where we are at all times. She'll only know our location if she checks." I said as we stopped in the hallway. "She knows that Little Bunny was brought to the gate by someone other than Conny. But I don't think she figured out who it was. Or else she wouldn't have warned us in such a roundabout way." Norman said and I nodded. "Right." I said as I went in thought. "Hey, Norman!" Don yelled snapping out of my thoughts. "Do you have a second? The clock isn't quite working properly." Don said and Norman nodded. "Okay, I'll take a look." Norman replied. "It'll be okay guys, we're not being suspected." Norman said as he walked off to go help Don. Both of our smiles dropped as I looked to the wall, Conny's drawing that she made was gone. "Oh Conny...." I trailed off as I thought about what happened to her. She was only seven.

I tensed when I felt another presence next to me. "Gu-" Norman started but then saw Mom next to me. "Mom! You startled me! It's so crazy how you're so quiet, you're so cool Mom!" I smiled and she looked at Emma. "What's wrong, Emma. You look pale." Mom said as she looked past me and to Emma. "Which reminds me, you weren't so cheerful this morning." Mom said as she put her hand on the Side of Emma's face. 'Act!' I mouthed to her and I smiled, trying to tell her to smile. "It's nothing." Emma said as I silently sighed in relief. "I got a little sad thinking that I'll leave the house soon too." Emma smiled and I walked over with a smile. "Yeah, we both didn't sleep very much since we kept saying how much we'd miss eachother." I smiled as I put my arm around Emma's shoulder, kind of hugging her.

"Do you both like it here at the House?" Mom asked us with a small smile. "We love you and the House!" I said as we both jumped up and hugged her. "I wonder what Conny's doing now?" I said as my smile dropped and I felt Mom tense up a bit. I put my smile on and let go of her along with Emma. "Conny said she wanted to be a mother like you when she grew up." Emma said as she smiled. "Yes, I know." Mom said smiling down at us. "I'm sure Conny will become a lovely adult, and a good mother as well." Mom said still smiling. 'You took that away from her, I can't believe I'm still calling you my mother.' I thought but my smiling expression remained on my face. I jumped a bit when I heard the bell ring for Dinner beside me. I relaxed when I saw Ray. 

"Dinner preparations are ready, Mom." He said and all the others ran out of then room and went to the Dining hall. "I'll be right there." Mom said as she smiled at Ray. Ray walked off and grabbed my wrist as he passed me, I quickly waved to Emma and Norman as I was confused on why he was doing this. "Ray, slow down." I said and he stopped. "Thank you." I sighed but he didn't respond. "Ray...?" I asked and he just quickly pulled me towards him, trapping me in a hug. "It has been 3 hours, 48 minutes and 23 seconds and you have not even tried to hug me once." He said into my shoulder and I chuckled and hugged him back. "You're so silly. You're like a touch-starved Kitten." I said as I pecked his forehead. 

"That's cause I am." He said as he put his forehead on mine. I started laughing a bit and he went red realizing what he said. "W-Wait! I-I-I didn't mean it l-like that!" He panicked as I just grabbed his shoulders. "You're still My Kitten, I don't care what you say. You belong to me and me only." I said as I pecked his nose. "L-Let's just get to D-Dinner." He said, flustered. I grabbed his hand and heading past the stairs and to the Dining room. We heard Emma and Norman talking with Mom. "Did the two of you and Maya, go to the gate yesterday?" Mom asked and I slightly tensed but relaxed quickly. "Of course we didn't. That's against the rules. Besides, we were having too much fun playing Hide and Seek yesterday, right?" Norman asked Emma and she nodded. "Yeah!" She replied. "Why?" I heard Norman ask Mom. "It's nothing. As long as you didn't go." Mom said and the two walked down the stairs.

Emma fell to her knees and Norman grabbed onto the stair handle. Norman walked to Emma and held his hand out. "Can you stand up?" Norman asked as Emma looked up at him. Emma took his hand that was slightly shaking and they just stared into eachothers eyes. 'I smell a new ship!' I thought as I watched the scene in front of me. They smile at eachother and walked off. As Ray and I walked behind them.