Chapter 13: Home sweet home

I woke up sweating and Blue on the bed. "Blue get off the bed." I demanded him. I got up out of bed and looked out the window. "Home sweet home." I whispered. I walked downstairs and started making cookies. It was maybe around noon so I went outside. I had the timer with me just in case I forgot. "Mommy!" Hope and Zach yelled. They ran over to me with Andrew behind walking. I kneeled down on my knees and gave them a hug. "I'm making some cookies today for you all." I told them. Blue came out the door and the twins started playing with him. Andrew came over to me and kissed me and then he hugged me. "Anything new with dreams?" Andrew asked. I nodded my head and showed him my diary. My timer went off and I went in and got the cookies out and placed them on the counter. "Kids!" I yelled. They ran in here and stopped in front of me. "They're hot and they are chocolate chip cookies." I told them. I handed them each a cookie. "Thanks mama." They both said. Hope and Zach ran off with the cookies and played.

          Andrew came in and shut the front door. He started kissing me and we went upstairs and lay there in bed about to fall asleep. Just then Zach runs upstairs and pulls my arm. "Mom, come on!" Zach exclaimed. I got up fast and he took me to Hope. We went to the park and into the grass. I kneeled down and shook Hope's arms. "Honey, wake up." I said while crying. I picked her up and brought her inside the house. I laid her on the couch and got a wet rag and placed it on her forehead. Andrew came downstairs and sat beside me. He looked at me, seeing me crying. He pulled me in and hugged me.

          "I don't know what happened." I told him sniffling. Zach came over by me and sat by me and Andrew. He was also crying with me. "We were playing and running and she fell to the ground." Zach confessed about what happened. I looked over at him and pulled him into a hug both of us crying. I didn't know what to feel, but I mean I did this too. The thing is I don't know if it was the same thing. I stood up helping Zach up also then he fell just like Hope. Andrew carried Zach and I carried Hope and we placed them in our bed. We put wet towels on their foreheads and we sat on the floor. I felt like I needed answers so I tried sleeping. I woke up and started hyperventilating. I got up and went downstairs and out to the flower.

           I picked up the flower and rushed inside and up the stairs. I went to the twins and placed their hands together and placed the flower in the middle. Nothing happened and then I started crying and that's when I saw a golden glow. It was bright and then I looked and the twins were floating a little above the bed. Then the glowing stopped and they fell to the bed. I got the flower and got seeds from it and planted seeds in a grassy area where we were planting the new flower field. I came back inside and went to see the twins. Andrew woke up and went over to Zach and I was over by Hope. They woke up and questioned, "What happened?" I told them it was the heat and that they were fine. I had to lie for their safety and Andrews and with that I threw away the diary so only I could remember. "Let's go get you some cookies." I told them. Andrew walked down with us then he got some hamburgers and hotdogs and started grilling outside.

          "You all can't go to the park for a while just stay in the yard. Your dad is out in the back with Blue. So run off you little gremlins." I demanded them. It is really a sweet home after all. I went out back and saw the kids playing with the dog and Andrew grilling. Everything was perfect the way it was. Everyone outside this family house has been gardening, working, and killing walkers on the outside. I brought out a flower that healed the twins and told them to come over. I pointed at the flower and then let them touch the flower. A glow happened again and then it stopped. It was like they drained the power from it into them to make them stronger. Home sweet home.