Chapter 23: The secretes

(Simon pov) I woke up and saw that Hope was gone. I looked around the house and found a note on the counter and read it. Who did she need to find? I woke everyone up and then walked out the gate to the waterfall where Hope would go to think. I heard something behind me and looked back in front of me and saw Hayley. "Sorry to scare you. You okay?" she asked. I nodded my head in frustration with the actions that Hope has taken with my brother and Jace. She thinks for herself and no one else. Hayley moved in closer and closer. She was very pretty,strong, and confident. I went in myself and kissed her and made out with her in the woods.

(Jace pov) I don't know where she went, she might be in trouble or something. "Will you help me go look for her?" I asked Xavier. I hoped he would say yes and then he did. We grabbed our blades and headed out the gate to the north. I wanted to know if she was alright. We made our way further into the woods until we found a town. We looked everywhere in that town. We didn't find her so we carried on.

(Hope pov) "Landon! What are you doing here with Burnout?!" I questioned. He just stood there and waited for Burnout to speak. "Welcome again Hope. Glad you listened to me and found me." He told me. "What do you want? Burnout!" I yelled. I was furious as to why he needed me here. He sat there laughing when Landon stepped forward to me and stopped in front of my cage. He stared at me and said weird words then I said, "Wait! What are you doing?" I passed out after I said that to Landon.

"When will you learn Hope?" Burnout exclaimed. Then he laughed drastically. I stood up stuck in my head. I can't control my own movement or words. The cage came unlocked and I stepped out and said, "What do I do master?" "Do nothing till I tell you in the necklace you have on. Now leave." Burnout demanded. ("Let me out!" I yelled, but nothing came out of my mouth. I was trapped and needed help.) I saw Jace and Xavier in town and said, ("Hey you guys I missed you I'm in danger.") No one could hear me, but then I told them, "Hey I found Landon guys." They looked and saw me standing there and Landon behind me.

("He's a traitor! Guys listen to me!" I screamed.) It was pointless to even try to talk to them. They both ran to me and hugged me. I could see and hear, but I couldn't move my own body or talk. We were heading back to town when I stopped when I saw Simon and Hayley by my waterfall making out. Simon saw me and stood up. I turned around quickly and ran towards the gate. ("Stop controlling me let me speak to him please!" I yelled in my head.) Simon stood in front of me and said nothing then broke up with me. My heart felt like it was breaking then I saw Hayley, Jace, and Xavier witnessing it all.

My body didn't move. It's like Landon felt what I was feeling and then I moved toward the gate and into my house. ("Landon I know you can hear me please let me go!" I asked him pleadingly.) My hand flew up towards the necklace and we saw Burnout. "Now spy then bring me back Bailey. Tomorrow night." He demanded. Then I saw in my room that I was laying on the floor. ("No! Please don't do this! I'm begging you!" I screamed in anger.) My body fell asleep on the bed, but I was awake. Why does Burnout want my mom? I need answers to my questions. I saw Jace walk in and sit on the bed beside me.

("Jace help me I'm trapped!" I yelled desperately.) I tried to move my body, but it didn't budge. I stayed asleep all day the next day and when my mom came in I heard her say, "Jace she is stronger than she looks. She'll be fine." I am strong, I thought. I forced my body up with all my might with eyes still closed on the outside, but not on the inside. I forced my eyes open and when they opened Jace ran over to me. ("I'm stronger than you think I am Landon.") I smirked then Jace said, "Your eyes are a light blue and weird not like your normal color." Landon forced my eyes closed then forced my body back onto the bed.

It was night and I knew I needed to save my mom. Everyone was sleeping when my body got up. I walked over to the door that mom and dad were sleeping in. I opened it quietly then I heard, "Is everything ok Hope?" Jace and Xavier whispered. I turned and smiled. "I'm fine why?" I asked them both. They both looked at each other while I yelled to them, ("Guys please listen it's not really me!") They heard something under my breath and nodded and went off on their way.