Chapter 20: The Recruiting

I put my hair up and put on my maroon purple v-neck shirt with a black leather jacket with the sleeves quarter. I put on my blue skinny jeans and my black buckled ankle boots. Simon wore his usual outfit that I loved and sat on the porch waiting on Jace.

When Jace arrived he wore his dark grey v-neck shirt with his black leather jacket and his black leather fingerless gloves. His black lace up combat boots and dark wash skinny jeans. His hair was like usual, always curly blond that he sometimes let's grow long. The sides were short and the top was long but laid back.

"You ready?" He asked and I stood up holding my finger. I told him to wait here so I can get one more person who could help if we get into trouble. I knocked on Landon's door and asked if he would come with us. He told me, "No I will not, I have important business here with people." Then he shut the door in my face. Worth a shot and then went back to Simon and Jace. We went out of the gate and into the woods. We went the way that I collect the blood bags and waited for Raphael. He soon came and I talked to him about everything. "So do you want to help us?" I asked him. I held my hand out and he took it. He led us very far away to where he and his people live. We were moving into the woods even further and then it started getting morning.

Raphael told me the directions to get there. He didn't realize that Simon was a day walker that means they can be in the light. Simon was practically invisible to everyone but not me. Raphael ran off and left us in the middle of nowhere. I wanted to get there faster and talk in front of all of them then lead them back. We would have to stay all day until night time though. This is all for the community so I would do anything.

(Bailey pov) "Alright everyone my daughter, son, and their friends. They will be back tomorrow night with more allies for what's to come. We have to stay calm and watch around the walls twenty-four seven. Switch on and off with people on keeping watch and be ready for anything. We have to stay calm though." I demanded everyone. I hope you're right about this daughter. Until then we must watch all around us. Andrew was standing by my side with blue and then they went inside and ate. While they ate they waited.

(Hopes pov) We were getting hungry so we had to hunt and Simon was hungry as well. I set a trap for a bunny. As we hid behind a tree and waited for a bunny I sat down and got my book out and touched the portal shard on my neck. I went into a trans and saw a hoard coming directly towards us. I stood up and wrote it down. As soon as I was done I heard a SNAP! Then looked at the bunny under the cage. I got the bunny in my hands and closed my eyes. I put my hands around the neck and snapped it and handed it to Simon. I could live without food for a couple days but Simon can't.

We got closer and saw a sign up ahead that said SpringField 2 miles. I saw this sign in my vision that I had. "Stop!" I whispered. I told them there was a hoard coming. We climbed up a tree high up and waited. I sat on a limb that's sturdy and Simon and Jace sat on each side of me. Zach sat on a branch close to us keeping a close eye on when the walkers will come. We sat up there for quite awhile when we heard them.

We were close, by the place Raphael was talking about. I could see it from up here. I placed both hands on the branch to steady me. Jace and Simon did also. Both of their hands were on top of mine but I didn't flinch or move. If Simon knew he would kill Jace. So I kept quiet and still. When the hoard passed Jace removed his hand and said, "We should get going." So Simon helped me down the tree and followed me.

We finally made it there and I knocked on the door. It was a concrete building that had no holes for daylight. I saw a sign that says No Humans Allowed. I knocked on it again harder. When the door opened I saw Raphael with his minions. They hissed at us and Raphael demanded us to come in quickly because of the light.

We went in quickly and Raphael showed me to where they kept the human food for us to eat. We ate and then Raphael questioned Simon on how he came in the sun. I covered for him for now that I covered him with a sheet outside. He glared at me and then gave Simon some blood to drink.

I was led to where I could talk to everyone about everything that's happening. They agreed to come live with us for protection against the battle that's coming soon. We had to wait out till night now to lead the group into town. Nobody can know they are vampires. Raphael showed us to a room because we are humans and some don't like us. When we entered the room we saw a queen size bed with a chandelier and gold chairs. The bedset was red and silk. It looked so nice that I would want to live here. Everyone followed in behind me.

I went to sit on the bed and sat in the middle. Zach went over to the chair and fell asleep. We were exhausted from walking. Simon came over and laid beside me and fell asleep. I got my sketch book and started sketching Jace. He was still mysterious to me. He looks and acts like he doesn't care about anything. I was finishing my drawing of him shirtless with his arms folded. When I looked at him across the room he was gone. I didn't know where he went when I looked beside me. He was right there looking at my drawing. I closed it quickly and placed it under the pillow.

I looked back at him while he was sitting close to me. I looked in his beautiful golden eyes and he looked into mine. He was sitting against the pillow with his head on the headboard. I wanted to know more about him. I slid my head down onto the pillow while he slid his head down on the pillow. I turned and laid on my back with Simon on my right and Jace on my left. I loved Simon but then again I think I love Jace. I couldn't get raveled up in this mess right now not again. I fell asleep and dreamed.

(Hopes Dream) I sat there typing on my laptop when my window flew open and Simon was inside my room. I didn't know how but he looked so hot. I stood up and Simon walked toward me and I went backwards toward the bed. He started kissing me and then Simon was on top of me taking his shirt off. Then I saw Jace. His eyes were dreamy gold and his hair was like silk. I ran my hand through his hair and then he leaned in to kiss when I heard someone saying wake up.

(Hopes Reality) I woke up leaning up quick and hyperventilating. I thought to myself where Jace even came from. Did he have any brothers or sisters? Simon helped up while I was staring at Jace. Simon waved his hands in front of me. I blinked a couple of times and then saw Raphael. "We're ready for you to lead." He said. I told Raphael to meet me at our meeting place. We had to walk all the way back there and Zach went with the vampires. Someone carried him so he could watch over them.

"We should head into town and get some medicine and stuff." I told Jace and Simon. They nodded their heads and we went that way. Simon went for the weapons. Jace and I went for the medicine. "Do you have any brothers or sisters?" I asked Jace. He nodded his head yes and said, "Hayden and Izzy." I wondered where they were when we heard screaming from Simon. We ran fast with the medicine we have in my bag to Simon. We saw him on the ground with a girl with long ink-black hair that goes down to her waist. She wore red lipstick with GUESS Marcie Leather Bomber Jacket, Free People Sweet Secrets Turtleneck, Zara Mid-Rise Biker Trousers, and her shoes black high heeled combat boots. She had a metal staff pointed at Simon. Beside her was a boy with brown black hair. He wore a John Varvatos Rivet Patch Sweater with AllSaints Kino Leather Bomber, J Brand Bearden French Terry Moto Jeans in Cragmite, and lace up black combat boots like Jace. He was also pointing an arrow at him with his bow.

"Wait you don't have to do this!" I yelled at them. They both turned and looked. Jace looked and saw who they were and they both ran towards Jace. After they were done fighting Jace said, "Guys, this is Hayden and Izzy." I shook their hands and Simon walked over towards us and shook their hands as well. We told them everything and invited them back to the community. We got more recruits and they can help. We started heading towards the town to meet Raphael before the sun rose. We made it back killing at least twenty walkers. I led the group in town and showed them their houses. I showed Izzy and Hayden around because it was almost daylight. My mom came over and introduced herself and led them into our house. They stayed with us and Jace also. So far we have blue our dog, mom, dad, Zach, me, Simon, Izzy, Hayden, and Jace in our house. We had two bedrooms and then mom and dad's bedroom. Izzy, Hayden, and Zach stayed in Zach's room. Simon and Jace stayed in my room.

We ate supper and then went to Zach's room and told everyone goodnight. Hayden and Izzy and golden specks in their eyes also. So I went back to my room and told them that I would be right back. I went outside to give a tour to the vampires. I made sure everyone was inside and after that I gave them special rings Landon made for them. They each got one and now they can go in the sun. They went back to their house and I was all alone in the dark. I started heading back when I heard banging on the gate. I went over to check it out and there was a walker. I opened the gate and the walker didn't attack me at all. The walker turned and I followed it. Then when I started shutting the gate I got stabbed in the side and fell. I hit my head on a rock and got knocked out.