Chapter 15: Dad

Dad! I thought you were dead. I told him with confusion on my face. The twins looked up at me and stood there with me. "You've grown up so much." He told me. I let go of the twins hands and went to hug my dad. Brooklyn came to hug dad also. We showed him around the town and what we've done to the place. I let him stay with us in our mom's bedroom. I introduced Zach and Hope to my dad. I went to lay in my bed when Andrew came in to lay with me. I went to the bathroom to throw up for some reason. When I got done I wanted to go out and find more people for our community but first I drank some water and asked if my dad could watch the twins while Andrew and I were gone. He nodded his head and we were out the gate. We searched and fought zombies to save people and bring them back with us. We brought back a family with a little boy about Hope and Zach's age.

          We brought them back and cleaned them up and showed them all the homes. They picked the one right beside us which was our old neighbors. The twins ran over to me and hugged me and then brought my dad to watch them play at the park. I went to go clean myself up for dinner and brought the kids back in. While we were eating Brooklyn and her family came over. I mean it is our father and dad started telling his adventures to Lily, Zach, and Hope. Dad was so happy and excited he got to meet his girls and grandkids. I am still mad at him for leaving mom. He could've protected her at all costs if he still loved her. We all crashed at my house that night and had so much fun the next few days. I started drawing a sketch of something I saw in my dream the other night. I saw the flower again and drew it from memory with an old tree that was by it.

          Andrew came over and kissed me on the neck and asked me, "What are you drawing?" I showed him the drawing and he saw the pretty white daffodils. He kissed me on the lips and then the twins walked in. They sat by me on the couch. Dad walked in and got a glass of water. The twins loved dad and got to know more about him than I did. I was glad that they loved my dad though. He came and sat in a chair and asked what I was drawing. I flipped over the drawing towards him. He looked impressed with my skills I didn't know that I had.

          It's been a month since my dad arrived. The twins and I have had fun with him. We started getting to know each other better and that he loves to cook and hunt. I don't need to tell him about my dreams or the twins have powers. I think they're powers that they have. Anyways I just can't tell him it's for his safety. I started loving my dad and not hating him for leaving my mom. That's all in the past now since it has been a while. He was getting old and he had problems breathing and walking since he had come. I wanted him to still have fun with the twins and have him experience with them that he never had with us. I love him and always will even if I'm angry. It was the day that mom died and I just sat at home all day on the couch drawing her in my mind. I miss her a lot and wanted her to see the twins.

          I didn't move from that spot on the couch for anything and didn't really eat. I headed to the farm on my own and went to see my mom. I sat by her grave and put flowers on her grave. I started crying and telling her everything that has been happening. I got up and went back to the town without killing any walkers. I got back home and closed the door quietly and wiped my final tears away. The lights kicked on with my dad sitting in a chair and got up. He started hugging me and said, "Let it all out honey." And so I did. I hugged him tight and cried and then felt really tired. "I'm going to get some rest. I told him and went up the stairs. I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and happy. I went downstairs and saw my dad still sleeping in his chair. I went over to him and kneeled down trying to wake him up. I shook him with my hands on his shoulders. He won't wake up and I started hollering his name loud and then felt his pulse. I didn't feel one and I covered my mouth standing up. The twins came downstairs and came over to me and I hollered for Andrew. I started crying my eyes out and he carried my dad outside. We brought him to the farm and buried him right by our mom. The twins still held my hands and gave me a hug. "I'm sorry mommy." They both told me.

          We all left back home and ran into a couple of walkers and then went inside the house. I started drawing my dad that I loved and never told him. I know I should've and I can't change anything that happened. I sat on the couch for about four days not doing anything. I was in shock and didn't want my dad to leave so early. I was starting to know all about him and I loved it. I knew that I needed to eat and drink but I didn't. The twins came over and sat with me for a while each day until I was better. I wanted everything to go back to normal with no walkers or anything. I never even said goodbye to him. I started crying a lot again and then I fell asleep.

          It's been about two months since my dad died but I know we have a mission to accomplish. I didn't know what we had to accomplish but we did with the flower. I haven't had dreams since dad died only nightmares. I didn't think they were true. I brushed my hair and helped the twins with school work. I helped with everything with school and I love kids. I started drawing something today that didn't look familiar. It looked like a necklace that was purple. I didn't know what it meant but it was something important. I went outside to check on the twins playing by themselves as usual but then Lily plays with them. I knew that this was a dark world and nothing could change it. We have to continue this path and see where it takes us. I went out into the woods alone looking for a tree that was important in my drawing with the flower.

          I looked everywhere and then found a huge wolf that was brown and had green eyes. I froze and then walked back slowly and then tripped. The wolf chased after me and I was running as fast as my legs could carry me. I jumped over branches on the ground and crushed sticks. I made it to the gate and went inside. I looked in the wolf's eyes and saw hurt and pain. I looked around and back at the gate. The wolf was gone and I walked back to the house. That night I walked to the farm to my mom and dad's grave. I placed the two sketches with a rock to hold it down on the grave. I heard growling and it was getting closer. I stood up with my sword and waited.

          The wolf walked out slowly and then the wolf got attacked by a walker. I heard a squeal and then I walked over to the walker before he could kill the wolf. I killed it with my sword and kneeled down slowly and looked at the bite mark. It was as bad as mine. I had to do something and then the wolf transformed into a man. He had ripped clothes and a bite on his shoulder. His hair was a dark brown and had curly hair. The shirt was a green and the light blue jeans were both torn up. I stood in shock and then started helping him up and put his arm around me and then a boy ran here with ripped clothes too. I think it's his kid so I brought him along too. They opened the gates and covered his bite mark so no one suspected anything.

          I brought him inside and put him on the couch and the kid in a chair. "Zach! Hop! Need flowers!" They rushed and had the flower in hand. I locked my hand in with them so they could take power from me also. They put their hand on the arm and healed it. I fell to my knees and caught my breath and stood back up. "Okay, run along kids thanks." I told them. They rushed off and I went over to the boy. "What's your name sweaty?" I asked him. "I'm Simon and that's my dad Liam." Simon answered back quickly. I started asking if he was like his dad and he shook his head no.

I remembered my dad and was wondering what he would do if he knew about this. I didn't know what to do with Simon or Liam. I wish he and mom were here.