Chapter thirteen: The fight

~Reader's POV~

"Sure would be nice if we had more room to move around." Ban says to Meliodas as we stretch in preparation for the upcoming battle. He chuckles. "So what's with the laughing? You really looking forward to fighting with me that much, Captain?" 

"I was thinking back to the old days." Meli tell him. They had to many fights that I don't think I can remember which. "We had about this much space then, didn't we?" Meliodas questions. "It's been a while." Ban says. "Which time are you talking about?" He asks. 

"Don't worry! 'Cause you'll remember it soon enough." Meli says as he run behind him quickly, punching him abruptly. The crowd gasps in shock.  "Oh yeah! I think I remember now!" Ban says, the blow shooting him back.

Ban's feet found the floor. He skidded back a little but stopped just at the edge. Ban grabs Meliodas around the waist and launched him headfirst into the ground. But Meli caught himself on his hands, locked his legs around Ban's neck, and now Ban was the one being launched headfirst into the ground.

The ring, already cracked, broke more, pieces of rubble breaking off with the force of Meliodas's attack. Ban, still on the ground, snags Meliodas's ankles and flipped, kicking Meli away in the process. Ban leaps, following Meliodas into the sky. The crowd oohed and aahed.

Ban unleashed a flurry of ferocious punches. The pair was getting higher in the sky. "That's nothing" I hear Meliodas shout. Ban was a streak of red as he fell back to the ground. He slams into the ring so hard it felt like the whole rock split in two.

The floor shakes and a huge cloud of dust rose into the air. If I hadn't spent the last however many years watching these two idiots fight, I would've been worried. The people in the crowd are worried.

Meliodas lands lightly in the ring and, as I predicted, Ban emerges from the dust looking like he hasn't been hit once. Everyone around me marvels at Ban. They were getting on your nerves. The sounds of strikes and blocks fills the air and I see Meliodas and Ban going at it again.

They're exchanging blows so fast it was hard to keep up. It was impossible to tell who was winning. The Meliodas slams a fist into Ban's stomach. Ban chokes and coughs up blood. Meliodas follows with a strike to Ban's jaw. Ban went flying again and landed heavily. You see Meli stumble and fall to the ground on his hands and knees.

So Ban wants to play like that, did he? Well he still won't win. "Oh no, looks like both fighters are down" Love Helm states. He was wrong again. Ban sits up with a groan. "You jerk" Meliodas says, still on his knees. "You've gone and done it now." Ban laughs. He stands up like a he was being pulled by an invisible thread. "And up we go." Love Helm splutters.

"What's going on? All of Ba'an's injuries are completely gone now." Ban runs over to Meliodas fast. Meliodas raises a fist but Ban wasn't there. You look at Meliodas's face and winced as Ban slams a punch into his back. Laughing, Ban hops up and down on the spot. "I'm floating like a butterfly now."

But it was a short-lived victory. Meliodas slams an elbow into Ban's face, knocking the taller man back a few paces. Ban grunts. "You see that King?" Diane's voice catches your attention. You look up at them and saw King nod.

"It's getting harder for the captain to follow Ban's movements now," King says. "So you think his stamina's starting to run out then?" he asks. "Once the captain started to slow down, then Ban's agility shot through the roof." Diane gasps. "What are you trying to say?" Elizabeth asks.

"Ban's magical ability, Snatch, is able to sap an opponent's physical skills like speed and power" says King. In the ring, Ban hurls a fist into Meliodas's jaw. Meliodas flips but grabs Ban's hand and starts to slam Ban into the ground repeatedly. "Meliodith has turned the tables. He's beating Ba'an like a rug" exclaims a delighted Love Helm.