32- Battle Royale

Archmage Fallspark stood amidst the chaos created by the onslaught of dozens of monster beasts crushing everything in their path and rolling towards the crowd of teens like a flood.

The frozen onlookers finally got back to their senses and started backing away, many of them making strange gestures that befuddled their companions. However, in the ensuing chaos, no one had the time to contemplate the odd gestures of their friends and companions.

Rowan, as a person who was determined to act like an ordinary teen with zero relation to any legacies, was starting to waver. He would certainly not make it out alive if he didn't use his abilities to their fullest extent. The monsters might be dead and sluggish, but their physical attributes were high enough to cover for those shortcomings. There was also the green liquid they were spraying every now and then. Rowan had finally recognized it. Why wouldn't he? After all, it was the same liquid he had been concocting for the past half month, the grade two potion with extremely corrosive attribute and the ability to reproduce chemically using organic fuels like flesh and bones. From the looks of it, master Fallspark had somehow stuffed those monster beast corpses with the potion and made them into a suicide legion. Of course, calling them suicide legion would be wrong seeing that the monsters were already dead, but it was no different from a real suicide legion anyway. Every moment, the potions would corrode the inner organs of the monsters and try to search for more flesh to attack. Anyone who was near their range might be affected by the potion and die horribly.

It only took him a moment to figure out all the details and realize that he didn't have the ability to survive all by himself. The only solution he could think of was to mix with the panicked crowd and run away as far as possible.

However, the universe seemed to have a different plan. Just as the archmage was about to reach his disciples, thunderous sounds rang out of seemingly nowhere as flashes of blinding light appeared all around him, engulfing his figure.

Rhea and Turio stumbled back and barely avoided the flashes which were accompanied by a torrent of ether. Spells after spells were thrown out of thin air and bombarded the archmage like rain. Archmage Fallspark seemed to have been caught completely unprepared as he almost fell into the bottomless ravine behind him, his clothes in a disarray and his body injured visibly.

Who attacked him?

Rowan, as well as the rest of the teens and the two dumbfounded adults whipped their heads around in search of the attacker, only to find three figures materializing in the air as if from sheer nothingness. They all recognized the three newcomers. They had been a part of the team that Darren brought here. Everyone was under the impression that they had left with Darren to defend the town. But it seemed that Darren had foreseen the archmage's trickery and made some advanced preparations. Even Mary and Sato weren't aware of their presence.

Rowan didn't need Chip's warning to understand that those three guys were far more powerful than the archmage. His safety was guaranteed! Even if they couldn't defeat the army of monster beasts that were running toward them sluggishly, Rowan had a high chance of getting away from danger.

Rhea was stunned by the sudden change of the situation. One moment, their plan was about to succeed as they escaped with the help of their master, but next thing she knew, her master was beaten black and blue in the blink of an eye by some experts who had been seemingly waiting for him to appear. Judging by their use of ether and the level of spells, her master was no match for the three of them. The army of monsters might stall them for a bit, but it was impossible for them to escape according to the original plan.

The kids who had been cowed by the appearance of the monsters seemed to be suddenly filled with vigor. Even the clueless ones convinced themselves that master Fallspark was the villain and the three newcomers were reinforcements from the holy kingdom sent to save them. They stopped running and turned around to attack the monsters.