Chapter- 9

The stars littered the dark sky, and a half moon stood in between them. Few stars, as if shy to show up, covered themselves with the curtain of clouds.

Spring was gonna end soon and summer would arrive.

The street alley was becoming lonelier. But a boy was walking alone aimlessly.

He was clenching his fist so tightly that the crimson blood was dripping from his right hand. The wound that had just been aided had opened wide again.

He was adorned with golden robe and a vermillion mark between his brows.

JinLing walked by himself in the dark alley. There were seldomly any passerby right now.

He walked, just straight ahead.

He thought, 'What did I do just now?! Wasn't it too obvious?! Why am I making such a big deal out of such minor things?! Am I really a kid?!"

He walked being mad and embarrassed. Mad at himself. And embarrassed because of his actions.

Such a stupid fellow!

He wasn't even sure of his feelings. If he just admired him as a friend and wanted to be with him or was it something more than that, something else.

Did he really wanted to hold intimacy for him or was it just his affection as a friend? But then what about those spring dreams, since when did he actually started having such erotic dreams, that he could never think of.

But most important was what he thought of him?

He walked, he was walking without looking at front. And the alley was already dark.

It was only when the bang sound came, and he felt his forehead was in pain, did he realize that he crashed onto a sturdy tree.

He touched his forehead and groaned in pain. He really got furiously mad, his forehead was gonna grow a red potato on it now. Won't it be so embarrassing to go like this now?

He shook his head and sighed, and went to the other side of the tree and sat down.

He snaked his arms around his knees and curled up himself. He gazed above at the dark sky, which wasn't dark. It was shining beautifully with glittering stars and the half moon.

He tried to think if he, even by a little, was able to remember his mother and father's face. But however hard he tried, he couldn't. It only added more headache.

He only had his uncles in his memories- Jiang Cheng and Jin GuangYao.

But he wanted to remember his mother and father. He wanted someone to be by his side. He needed someone.

"JinLing."

Did I even started hallucinating his voice now or what? He thought.

"Jin Ling."

But the voice came again.

"Jin Ling!"

This time he was snapped back into reality and subconsciously turned around to check if his ears weren't betraying him.

He gasped and unintentionally gulped.

He saw a brilliant figure under the moonlight, adorned with right robe and a forehead ribbon. He held two swords in his hand, one was his own. The other was Suihua.

The phoenix sitting behind the tree, peeped out, meeting with the gaze of those gentle and worrisome eyes in an instant.

"Finally found you." He said.