𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴

PART ONE

THEBES - 2,134 B.C

Thebes, City of the Living, crown jewel of Pharaoh Seti the First. Home of Imhotep, Pharaoh's high priest, keeper of the dead and betrothed of princess Nefertiti, oldest daughter of Pharaoh Seti the first and future Queen of Egypt. Birthplace of Anck-Su-Namun, Pharaoh's mistress. No other man was allowed to touch her.

Anck-Su-Namun walked into her chambers, walking past Imhoteps priests, to her lover. She reaches Imhotep and he pulls her into a kiss, smearing away the paint off her shoulder. They knew they could get caught... But for their love, they were willing to risk life itself. Imhotep however, carried princess Nefertiti in his mind after all she was his betrothed. Outside, across the hall, princess, Nefertiti and her little sister watch Imhotep and Anck-Su-Namun kiss.

Pricess Nefertiti was known as the most beautiful woman of her time. When she was of age Imhotep asked for her hand in marriage and because he was the high priest her father agree. Although, princess Nefertiti did not show many emotios towards him, she did love him, she had come to like the man she was soon to marry.

As they pulled away from the kiss, Seti entered Anck-Su-Namun's chambers and noticed Imhotep's priests, a confused looked on his face. "What are you doing here?" he asked the priests as they backed away and let him pass. As he walks in further he sees Anck-Su-Numan standing by a statue, her paint-smeared from her arm. "Who has touched you?!" he asked in anger. She looked behind him as did Seti and saw Imhotep. "Imhotep? My priest? My son?!" he asked, clearky angry, not only did he betray him but his daughter as well. Imhotep takes Seti's aword.

From behind him, Anck-Su-Anum stabs him first, then Imhotep. The priests watch everything from behind the curtains. Princess Nefertiti orders the Pharaoh's bodyguards to help him. In horror the younger princess screams as she sees what is happening to her father, she reaches over the balcony too far and falls, Nefertiti tries to grab her but she's too late.

The priests try to keep the bodyguards from coming in, but they know soon they'll break the door and storm in. "You must go! Save yoursel!" Anck-Su-Namun told her lover. "No!" he replied. "Only you can resurrect me" she explains. The doors open and the Medjai, the pharaoh's elite guards storm in. "I won't leave you! Get away from me! You shall live again! I will resurrect you!" Imhotep screamed as his priests hurried him out.

The Medjai arrived and found the Pharao's corpse. Anck-Su-Namun looks relieved that he is dead. "My body is no longer his temple!" she says before stabbing herself. Imhotep lets out a silen cry. When he turns the other way he sees Nefertiti crying over her father and sister. That was when Imhotep realized his mistake.

SAND DUNES - NIGHT

To resurrect Anck-Su-Namun, Imhotep and his priests broke into her crypt and stole her body. They raced deep into the desert, taking Anck-Su-Namun's corpse to Hamunaptra, City of the Dead, ancient burial site for the sons of the pharaoh's and resting place for the wealth of Egypt. For his love, Imhotep dared the god's anger by going deep into the city, where he took the black Book of the Dead from its holy resting place.

Anck-Su-Namun's body is ready to be brought back to life.

Anck-Su-Namun's soul had been sent to the dark underworld, her vital organs removed and placed in five sacred Canopic jars.

Imhotep begans to read from the book of The Living. The priests were kneeling and chanting while Imhotep read the book. A black mist-like raised up and hoovers over her body before entering her body. Anck-Su-Namun woke with a gasp. Imhotep raised his knife ready to complete the ritual but

Anck-Su-Namun's soul had come from the dead.

Imhotep raised his knife ready to complete the ritual but he was stopped by the Medjai

The Pharaoh's bodyguards had followed Imhotep and stopped him before the ritual could be completed.

Anck-Su-Namun's soul had gonne back to the underground. The Medjai grabbed him and his priests bringing him back to the queen. She was sitting in her throne. Queen Nefertiti sat in the throne her father once sat upon. "Nefertiti," Imhotep says barely in a whispered. "It is Queen Nefertiti to you" she replied in a cold tone that even surprised him.

"Do you deny your direct involvement of the dead of Pharaoh Seti the First and the inderect death of princess Nefitiri?" she asked. "Nefitiri is dead?" he asked in disbelief. "Answer me!" she ordered. "No" was his only replied. "For your crimes against the crown, I condemn you to endure the Hom-Dai. As for your priest, they'll be mummified alive" she stated and her guards nodded. "Wait" Imhotep said, the guards looked at the queen who nodded.

"I just want to ask you a question" she nodded. "Did you ever love?" he asked her. "Yes. But now, that love is replaced by hate. You killed my father, and caused my sisters death" she stated. "You broke my heart" she stated as a tear rolled down her cheek. It was then, Imhotep realized his mistake. He would never get to come back and fix thing with Nefertiti. She hated him, she would for the rest of her days, perhaps even in the after life.

Imhotep's priests were condemned to be mummified alive. As for Imhotep, he was condemned to endure the Hom-Dai, the worst of all ancient curses. One so horrible, it had never been bestowed. He was to remain sealed inside his sarcophagus, be undead for all eternity. The Magi would never allow him to be released, for he would arise a walking disease, a plague upon mankind, an unholy flesh-eater with the strength of ages, power over the sands, and the glory of invincibility. On his last moments he swore he would raise again and make Nefertiti his Queen, as it should've been.