𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁

HAMUNAPTRA

Sahara dessert sand dunes

O'Connell, Kara, Evelyn, Jonathan, and the warden are on camels in the middle of the dessert. "Never did like camels. Filthy buggers. They smell, they bite, they spit. Disgusting" Jonathan says. The warden savagely attacks a chicken wing. "Yeah, disgusting" O'Connell says. Evy is having the time of her life while conversing with her older sis.

"So, Kara you owe me the story about what you have been doing in the past three years" Evy said to her sister. Kara didn't face her little Evy. "It was good. Good discoveries. But I promise to tell you when we get to our destination, okay?" she promised. "Okay" her little sister replied. Later at night O'Connell kept staring at her.

"You got something to say, Mr. O'Connell?" she asks him. "No. It's just, you seemed too quiet" he states. "There's nothing much to talk about. Aside from what I've been doing in the past three years" she replies. "Which is?" he asks. "I was making discoveries. Like, the pandora box, the triangle (from the first movie of the tomb raider), and other things that were supposed to be a myth. Hell, I even found el Dorado. And let me tell you is real" she stated and O'Connell almost fell off his camel.

"So, is it really made out of gold?" he asks with a smile "It is" she replied with a smirk. "You should sleep" he told her. "I'm alright. I've done this before. Not sleeping I mean" she adds. "Someone's got to take care of everyone. You're the guide. You should sleep" she told him. "I'll keep you company" Rick told her but a few minutes later he fell asleep. By then she already knew the way.

The next day

Jonathan and the warden were arguing. "And you snore!" Jonathan argues. "I do not snore!" the warden replied. "All night you snored! Isn't that right, Kars?" Jonathan asked his older sister who nodded. "I have never snored!" the warden argued once again. "All right, kids. Stop the arguing or I'll shoot someone" she stated and both men stopped talking.

Up in front of them, O'Connell looks at Kara. "We're almost there" he told her. "Are you sure?" Evelyn asked. "Pretty sure" he replied. The others look down and see dozens of skeletons sticking out of the ground. "What in the bloody hell is that?" Jonathan asked. The warden shivers in fear. "Other seekers of Hamunaptra" the warden replies.

The Americans arrive shortly after Kara and her siblings. "Good morning, my friend!" Beni said to O'Connell who just nods in reply. "Well, what the hell we doing?" Daniels asks. "Patience, my good sahib, patience" Beni states. Henderson looks over at O'Connell. "First one to the city, O'Connell! Five hundred! Cash bucks!" Henderson tells O'Connell.

"Get ready" O'Connell says. "For what?" Evy asks. "We're about to be shown the way" her sister replied. Far off the right, a huge shape begins to rise with the sun. A valcone. O'Connell, Kara and Beni watch it, expressionless. Daniels, Henderson and Burns share a look and then taking off, racing towards the rising volcano. "See you there, O'Connell!" Daniels yells. Evelyna and Jonathan give O'Connell anxious, sarcastic looks.