𝚃𝚆𝙾

THE BRACELET OF ANUBIS

EGYPT, 1935

Kara is brushing some dirt off a wall to see the pictures when she hears a hiss. She turns around she sees a snake. "Go away" she says as she kicks it away from her. O'Connell who was walking in barely manages to dodge it. "Those are poisonous, you know" he states. "Only if they bite you" she replies with a smile.

Evy found out last minute that she could not accompany them

Evy found out last minute that she could not accompany them. So it was just Kara, her sons and husband. "What was all that about?" she asks her husband. He grabs a box and carries it over to her. "Oh, nothing. The boys just wanted to show me something. I swear, the boys get more and more like you everyday" he replies.

She turns around. "What? You mean more attractive, sweet and devilishly charming?" she asks with a smile. "No, they're driving me crazy" he replies before pecking her lips. "Now, where were we?" he asks. "Hammer and chisel" she replies as she gives them to him. He looks at the size of the tools and looks at her as if asking if she was being serious do to the tools being miniature. "All right, all right!" she turns to the tool box. "Let's do it your way" she hands him a metal pole. "Thank you" he turns around and hits the wall making it fall and leaving an open space like a door. When the door opens they find some catacombs with a lot of bodies. A lot of scorpions and spiders.

Kara walks in first a torch in hand. "Ever since I had that dream, this place is all I can think about" she says. "Ever since you had that dream, I haven't had a decent night of sleep" her husband replies following behind her. "I feel like I've been here before" she turns to her husband. "I know I've been here before" she states. "Kars, nobody's been here before. Not in at least 3,000 years. Except for these guys" O'Connell says while pointing at the mummies. Kara pulls a lever and a secret door opens. Kara and O'Connell move out of the way. She turns to her husband. "Then how do I seem to know exactly where I'm going?" she asks him.

Kara and O'Connell made their way into the secret room looking around as they went. As Kara walked in further in the room the scenery changed. She went from an old abandoned temple to old Egypt in a blink of an eye. She decided to see all she could while exploring. Another door opened, a woman walked out. Two guards were guarding a golden chest that sat in the middle of the room. The door closed. Kara watched as the woman closed the door and used some key like the one she had used years ago. The woman turned the key a few times. The woman finally turned around but before Kara could see her face Rick walked in front of her and everything disappeared, the room was the same as it was before.

Kara blinked in shock. Swinging her torch a few times trying to see if she could see the other room again. Her husband who was trying to open the door turned to look at her. He looked confused yet concerned at the same time. Kara kept swinging her torch. "You know, if you move that fast enough, you can almost write your name," he says sarcastically. "I just had a vision" she states. "It was... It was like in my dream, but it was real" she explains. "It was like I was actually here in ancient times," she says. "Well, if you actually were here, could you show me how to open this thing?" he asked. "Hold this," she says as she hands him the torch. He takes it.

Kara begins to turn the key around just like she saw the woman do it in the vision. The door opens shocking both Kara and O'Connell. "All right, now you're starting to scare me," he says as he looks at her. "You're telling me? I'm starting to scare myself" she replies. They walk inside. "That's the emblem of the Scorpion King," she says as she removes the spiderwebs from the gold plate. "He's supposed to be a pure myth. No... No trace of him has ever been found before" she says in amazement. "No artifacts, no archival evidence" she adds as she makes her way to the gold chest "Maybe they didn't want anybody to find him," her husband says from behind her. "Let's open this" she states. "Kars, I don't have a good feeling about this," he says. "It's only a chest. No harm ever came from opening a chest" she explains. O'Connell laughs. "Right, no harm ever came from reading a book. Remember how that went?" he asked. "We can't stop now" she argues. "Just remember, I was the voice of reason here" he replies. "Yeah, for once," she says with a grin as she tries to open the chest.

O'Connell sees some kind of a key hanging as a necklace from a mummy. "Hon? Let's do this your way" he says as he hands her the key. She grabs the key and opens the chest. In the chest, they find some sort of bracelet that has the shape of a scorpion. "The bracelet of Anubis," she says in a whisper but her husband hears her. She grabs the bracelet and everything begins to rumble. "Oh, my God" she tries to put back the bracelet by putting it back in the chest and closing it. "It's a bit too late for that!" O'Connell exclaims. She grabs the chest. "Put it in your rucksack," she tells him. "I got a better idea. Let's leave it here" he suggests as he grabs the chest from her. "I think it's too late for that!" she replies. "What's it say?" he asks. "He who disturbs this bracelet shall drink from the Nile" she reads. "That doesn't sound too bad," she says while looking at her husband. He grabs her hand and they run out. They stop when they see a giant wave heading towards them.

Rick leads her the other way. They run through the tunnels, the water was practically right behind them. They arrive at a dead end. The wave hits them. They swim trying to stay afloat. "This is bad, Kars!" O'Connell says. "We've had bad before! We've had worse actually!" she says nonchalantly. "This is worse!" he exclaims as they try to find a way out. "Well if this is it, I love you, Rick," she says to him. "I love you too, Hon" he replies. The water finally reaches them. A wall suddenly bursts opens and O'Connell and his wife are flushed out landing right in front of their two sons. Aaron and Alex look around and see the mess, they turn to their parents who are coughing. "Mom, Dad, we can explain everything," they both say in perfect sync. "Yeah, you will" their mother replies as she hugs them both. O'Connell joins the hug.