Queen Booette x Scared Male Reader

EmperorJirachi: Hey everyone! I finally managed to get away from Weiss long enough to write the next part. It'll be a Queen Booette story, so let's hope you all like it. A few things you should know is that you live on the edge of the Mushroom Kingdom, near Boo Woods, and are a human with an extreme fear of ghosts.

Timeline wise, this story takes place after the first Luigi's Mansion. Instead of a Super Crown turning King Boo into Queen Booette, Booette instead will be King Boo's sister. She came to power as a direct result of King Boo's defeat and capture.

With that said, enjoy the story!

Disclaimer: I do not own The Super Mario Brothers. Any of the characters or settings used in this story are not mine.

(Story Begins!)

It had been about three months since the fall of King Boo and the return of the superstar Mario. For the most part, things had returned to normal. Mario and the Mushroom Princess were back in the spotlight and had even left for a vacation to Isle Delfino.

Meanwhile, stuck with the dubious task of guarding the home front once more, Mario's younger brother Luigi faded swiftly into the background.

Most of the kingdom thought Mario had freed himself and taken down King Boo. No one could honestly believe that a coward like the man in green would be brave enough to face his fears and fight off such a powerful specter.

That is, except for you. 

You were a young man who kept to himself and hardly ever left his house. As one of the very few humans in the kingdom, most Toads were either judgmental or impassive toward you. In that way, you could relate to Luigi.

You believed in his story. You couldn't fathom such a polite and shy person like Luigi lying so effectively and creating such a vivid tale. The fact that he didn't get publicly angry or snap in jealousy made you respect Luigi immensely.

That was part of why you kept to yourself. To put it simply, you were an outcast.

The other, much bigger and more important, reason was you lived right near Boo Woods. This wouldn't be a problem if leaving your house didn't mean the potential of facing one of the Boos. As it was, the only reason you lived there was because it was where you had grown up and your parents had gifted it to you when they died.

You sometimes wonder why or how you ended up fearing ghosts; especially Boos. You remember not being afraid when you were little, not until that one day you wandered into the woods by yourself.

The events of that day are fuzzy. What you did remember was striking, yet the details were far and few apart; like a memory long since past. The only thing you can properly recall about it in great detail are a pair of glowing purple eyes and a shadowy figure grinning wickedly at you with their long, slimy purple tongue out.

You shudder at the mere thought of what those details could mean. To you, it had to be a sign of a ghost. What other being could look so creepy and chilling?

Since that day, you've been terrified of ghosts of all kinds. The unknown figure struck fear into you so much that you refused to go any closer to the woods than your front porch and the way leading from your home to Toad Town.

Today had started like any other. You woke up, showered, got dressed, and went to prepare breakfast. That was when you realized just how low on food you were.

Cursing yourself for being careless enough to forget grocery shopping, you decided to hurry up and get the necessary evil over and done with. 

Y/N: Mutters. Thank Grambi it's not dark out. That should mean there won't be any Boos out.