Endearment

The younger of the two Jogia brothers has always been a little petty. It was really bad when he was a child. He would be pouty the whole day when he didn't get what he wanted. Avan would mope around, stomping his feet. It would happen when they didn't get the attention he wanted or if his family had called him a name he didn't like.

But of course, being in his mid-20's, Avan had outgrown that petty attitude.

Or so he thought.

"Avan, butt off my couch and go shower," Liz nags at him, her hands on her hips.

Just coming back from the gym, he was soaked in sweat and reeked of it as well.

"No, thank you," he teased, leaning back.

"You're gonna get all your germs on the cushions," she wrinkled her nose. "Get up and shower."

He shakes his head no, a cheeky grin plastered on his face. It was becoming quite apparent how much of a playful tease he was being.

"You get up right now!" she stomps her foot and points to the bathroom.

The more upset she look, the more he liked to poke fun at her. He didn't know what was up with him today. He was just in a kiddy mood.

"What if I say no?"

"You're gonna have to buy me a new couch."

Avan snorts and stands up. He struts towards her and kisses her cheek, making her flinch at his sweaty state. His arms wrapped around her loosely and squeezed her backside.

"Muffin, stop!" she squeaked in surprise.

"Muffin? Who are you calling muffin?" he teased even more with a cheeky grin playing around the corner of his lips, creeping his hand from her buttocks to her waist. He slowly ran his hands up and down her curves.

"You," she sticks out her tongue.

Internally, Avan felt a giddy rush come through him. Liz was rarely ever the one to call him a new pet name.

"Since when were we on a 'muffin' basis?"
he raises his eyebrows, leaning into her face, the tips of their noses touching.

Blushing, she tried to come up with a snide remark. Liz wasn't one to be soft. In their relationship, that was Avan.

"Since you started getting that muffin top," she teased.

Avan abruptly pulls away from her and starts to head to the bathroom. It happened so quick, Liz didn't even notice until she heard the slam of the door. She turned her head towards the source of the sound and started to hear water noises.

She lets out a satisfied smile albeit bewildered at her partner's sudden change of heart. Liz grabs the linen spray from the bottom of the coffee table and gave the couch a good few spritzes.

A few moments later, Avan walks out of the bathroom in nothing else but a white towel wrapped around his waist. His hair was damp and there were still a few water droplets running down his chest.

"Hey, handsome," she flirts.

At the sound of her voice, his eyebrows furrowed and his lower lip jutted out. His face reminded her of a little kid's, or maybe a hurt puppy. She couldn't decide.

Avan completely ignores her and takes off to the bedroom.

He stomps his way into the living room after a few minutes dressed in a pair of shorts and a loose shirt. It wasn't something he would usually wear. Avan would usually stroll around the house in nothing but boxers and a robe.

"You wanna watch something?"

He doesn't respond and instead goes through his phone.

"Avan," she calls out to him from the couch and pats the space beside her.

His eyes stole a quick glance before going back to his phone. He ran a hand through his damp hair and goes to sit on the couch, as far as he could from her.

She scoots closer to him but as he felt the weight shift beside him, he moves just a little further from her.

"What do you wanna watch, muffin top?" she smirks subtly. "Talk to me."

Liz watches as his face went from grumpy to grumpier. She had to stop herself from laughing at his shallow attitude because she knew he was in a mood and she needed to make peace with him.

She jumps on him from behind and wraps her arms around his neck. Her face burrowed in the damp hair near his ear, smelling his fresh after-shower scent.

"Muffin," she singsongs and nuzzles his earlobe.

"No," he mumbles, still pouting like a child.

"No what?"

"Don't call me that!"

"Don't call you what, muffin?" she mocks.

"I said don't call me that! It's offensive!"

"It's adorable," she kisses his cheek and changes her position so she was straddling him.

"It sounds stupid."

She raises an eyebrow at him. Just last week, this man had the audacity to call her baby cakes and pumpkin but she apparently wasn't allowed to call him muffin even in chide.

"It's just an endearment."

"Yeah, well, I don't like the origin," he frowns. "You said I have a muffin top. I've been working out, you know."

Liz laughs out loud, "I was kidding. You're the sexiest man alive."

"It wasn't a nice joke," he crosses his arms.

She leans in and pecks his pouting lips, "I'm sorry, okay? Now, stop being so grumpy."

He nods.

Liz crawls off his lap and lays her head on it as replacement. She lifts up his shirt just enough to expose his lower abdomen. A small sliver of flubber stuck out adorably. She pokes it, making him jolt.

"There's nothing wrong with a little flubber, muffin," she smiled and traps the little portion of skin between her lips, pinching it.

"Ouch!"

"Flubber nugget," she snorts against his belly.

"A sexy flubber nugget," he remarks as he pinched her upper arm fat.

"You're so petty," she snorts. "A petty Canadian muffin."

And for the rest of the day, they sat on that couch exchanging all the stupid endearments this world could ever offer.
__________
I don't know what tf that was.

Please comment your thoughts and suggestions if you have any. Lots and lots of love from my heart to yours!