Santa and Snowflakes

Liz stared down at the small box in front of her. She was contemplating really hard on what she was going to do with the present. It was given by Ariana for Luna to wear on Christmas. They were a pair of stud diamond earrings that were genuine white gold and shaped into small snow flakes. She said that they were made for a baby's ears, so they were 100% safe for little Luna to use. Ariana had forgotten the fact that 2-year-old Luna Jogia didn't have pierced ears.

Sighing, Liz shuts the small box and stands up, bringing the box along with her. She trudges to their bedroom where her husband was finishing up his vacuuming. Luna had just spilled half a bottle of baby powder on the floor under Avan's care, so he was obligated to clean up after her.

When Avan finally turns the loud vacuum cleaner off, she sits on the bed right in front of him.

"Hello."

"Hey," he smiles at her.

"Ari got Luna a pair of earrings. Wanna see?" she sticks out the box at him, opening it to let him see its contents.

"Those look expensive," his brown eyes widen.

"I know," she chuckles. "And they're only baby starter earrings."

"Luna won't be wearing them until she's like 10 though," he shrugs.

"10? You want her to get her ears pierced at 10 years old?"

"Yeah," he nods, placing the vacuum at an empty corner of their room. "I got my ears pierced as a grown man, Liz, and I winced. It hurt like a bitch."

"Exactly," she rolls her eyes. "If we get her ears pierced early, the skin on her ear is softer and she won't even remember it."

"She's a baby."

"Which is why she won't remember if we get her ears pierced today," Liz casually proposes. "We're going Christmas shopping anyway so we can stop by one of those earring shops to get her ears pierced."

Avan sighs, "I can't change your mind, can I?"

"Absolutely not," she grins widely.

"Fine," he groans. "I'll go get her changed."

A few whiles later, Luna emerged from her nursery dressed in a cute, beige sweater and denim overalls. The upper portion of her hair was pinned up in her signature make-do space buns.

"Hi, pretty girl," Liz coos.

"Mommy," she points at Liz, reaching out for her.

"C'mere," she lifts the little one into her arms and kisses her soft cheek. "Daddy has to get changed."

Avan reluctantly pulls out an outfit from his closet to match his already well put together wife. He pulls out a maroon shirt and a pair of jeans, leaving his usual white shirt outfit because Luna was sure to smudge it one way or another.

As soon as he was ready, Liz carefully placed the box of earrings into her bag before heading out to their car, bouncing the toddler in her arms. Luna had a huge grin painted on her chubby little face; she always gets so excited when they go to malls.

"Daddy," she singsongs, clapping her small hands.

Avan chuckles from the driver seat, "Yes, sweetheart?"

"My daddy," she coos.

"Of course, darling," he nods, looking at his baby girl through the rearview mirror. "Luna, I love you."

"I wuv you," she giggles.

"What about Mommy? I love you too, Luna," Liz looks back at her with a silly grin.