Quarantine Things

They were currently on their second month of community quarantine. It was agony to say the least. No one was allowed to go outside and even if they were, Liz's anxiety about the virus outspread would get the best of her so it was better that they stayed inside. At first, it felt like a much needed break from work, especially for Liz, and time spent with their loved ones. But two months into the whole shenanigans felt downright ridiculous.

Despite the sombre condition the whole world was in, Liz and Avan still tried to find the silver lining. They tried to ignore the fact that they would have been married by now if the pandemic didn't happen, and instead focused on the fact that they still had more time to make their special day even more perfect than it already was. There was only so much one could do to distract themselves from the fact that the whole world seemed to have come to a halt.

"Baby, we don't have coffee anymore," Avan hollers from the kitchen.

"I'll add it to the grocery list. We'll have some delivered by the weekend," Liz hollers back.

Avan trudges into the living room with heavy feet. On his body, he wore grey sweatpants and a navy blue shirt and on his face, he wore a frown.

"But I want coffee now."

"You just said we don't have anymore coffee, Avan," she rolls her eyes.

"I'll just go and but more until the online groceries come in the weekend."

"And risk being sick with coronavirus? I don't think so. Sit down."

"I'll wear a mask," he pouts, sitting beside her on the couch. "I'll even wear a face shield and PPE if you want me to."

"No."

"Final answer?"

"Final answer," she rolls her eyes.

"Okay," he juts out his lower lip before cuddling into her chest. "I hate this stupid virus."

She snorts and rests her chin on top of his head, his curls tickling her delicate skin softly. Liz runs her fingers through his silky, black hair and twirls a strand around her digits.

"Your hair's getting so long," she kisses his head. "So fluffy."

Avan looks up at her to smile and puckers up his lips for her. She leans down to plant a swift peck on his lips and immediately brushes her thumb over his lips and sucking her own lips into her mouth.

"You need to shave, Av."

"My facial hair is hot," he cheekily wags his eyebrows at her.

"Yes, but it irritates my skin. So if you wanna keep kissing me, I think it would be better if you shaved."

"No," he pouts, refusing to obey like an insolent child.

"Fine, but no more kisses for you," she chortles.

"No kisses?" he dramatically whines, lolling his head backwards just to amuse her. "How am I supposed to survive community quarantine if my fiancée won't give me kisses?"

"You just survive," she rolls her eyes at his dramatic antics.

"I don't like community quarantine," he frowns. "I was supposed to marry you three weeks ago."

"I don't like community quarantine either, Bubs," she sighs, raking her digits through the thick ropes of hair on his head. "I wanna go back to work. It's so dull here. I miss Adam."