Chapter 6

6.

Sunday. That was tomorrow, and Zane wanted to have lunch with me. I really wanted to text him yes in a heartbeat, but I had to think this through. It wasn't hard to go and meet him, the lying part to my parents is what had me in a guilt hole.

If I did say yes, we would have to go some place my father or mother don't know. We could go to the beach again, but I know Rob would get mad at me for disobeying my parents orders.

This is hurting my head. I was driving on the highway, headed home with my phone open to the text Zane sent me. I didn't want to reply to early and seem eager, or to late as in I didn't care. Its been at least five minutes. That should be perfect reply time, and I really wanted to see him no matter how risky it was.

I texted Zane back telling him yes, and asked if it would be okay to eat somewhere thirty minutes away from town. Just in case a family friend saw us.

I waited anxiously for a reply. My hands were cold and clammy from the nerves. Every minute felt like an hour. He's probably making me wait like I did to him. I'm a girl though, I have the right to my sweet time.

At that same moment my phone vibrated loud, I raised the level from how excited and scarred I was. I opened the phone and read the text.

That's fine. I know a great place. Does 1 sound good?

Thank goodness! I should probably think of a good place for us to meet. I cant let him pick me up from my house, or vise versa.

I texted him back not waiting a whole five minutes anymore. I was to pumped up to see him.

1 is perfect. Where do you want to meet?

Just as fast he texted back.

Cant I just pick you up from your house?

Crap, I cant let him do that. If my parents saw him in the drive way, or better yet even know I talk to him my head would be on a platter. Plus my father would fire him from a job he didn't even start.

No. Meet me at borders, in the regis shopping center. I will explain later.

I wonder where I got all this courage from? The last time I talked to a guy, he barley got a couple of words out of me and I never even texted him. Zane surely is getting special treatment.

I hated that I had to explain everything to him. I know he's going to think I'm crazy and wont want to hang out with me anymore. I wouldn't blame him. He should just find a girl who can go out, without lying to her parents and has a normal family who would be more than thrilled to welcome him.

He texted me back a little over five minutes later. I had also arrived at home. I parked my car in the driveway and opened the text not wanting to do it in front of my family. They would ask who I was texting and what I was talking about.

Aight. Cant wait to see you. Oh and dress casual.

Well I was going to dress casual in the first place. It's not like we are going on a date or anything. Were just going out to lunch just as two friends, that's it, at least I think.

Same. Awe man, so I cant wear my new mini dress? ;)

I hope he wont take my joke seriously, I didn't really have a new mini dress and plus my parents wouldn't let me out of the house in one at that.

Zane texted back supper fast this time.

I change my mind. Were going clubbing. Wear it.