Chapter 11

11.

I walk to my new office door and make sure its shut all the way. I don't want anyone walking in on me without me knowing, not a good feeling if you ask me. I turn back around facing the room taking every angle in. I want to know everything about this room, its so foreign, but I love foreign. Makes everything so much more exciting.

I look at the naked white walls not feeling the comfort coming off them. I have to get a TV in here someway, somehow. That will be the first thing on my list of things to 'fix' in this bare office.

I wonder if Zane's office is as big as mine. I hope not. Or even Tori's I'd have to find her sometime today and ask. 

Walking to my desk was a great feeling. I feel like a responsible independent young woman. Taking a seat in the massive black chair that swiveled back and forth was another great feeling. I pushed myself in and put my hands on the table smiling like a goofball to myself. I started playing with everything on the desk as well. Pens, stapler, hole puncher, tape, drawers, and my new expensive computer. I switched it on waiting for the screen to light up. A log in appeared. Oh wait, I don't think I ever got one of those. Or maybe I did, and I just wasn't paying attention. Sadly that was probably the reason.

Now I have to figure out whos responsible for helping with computer assistance. I cant ask my father, because thats already a sign of failure. I didnt know where Tori was, Amanda was already off the list, and Zane wouldnt be much help besides laughing at me. I thought of anyone else I could ask, but no one I knew that well would do. 

"Oh right, Rick." I say to myself getting up out of my chair excited I knew someone that could help me out a bit. 

Until it dawned on me I didn't know where in the company he worked. I could probably ask around.

I leave my office shutting the door as I turn to go. I take a speedy quick look at Zane's office seeing the door left ajar. It wouldn't hurt to peak. 

I sneak over to the door and look through the crack.

He wasn't in it. The room was also just as big as mine, maybe even bigger. Not fair at all. I'd have to complain to dad about that. Wait, no, I cant do that. That's just immature and silly.

"Well if you want a tour all you had to do was ask." I hear a voice behind me say. 

Shit.

I turn around caught by the person I didn't want to see the most.

"Zane, I wasn't sneaking into your office or anything. I need your help with something." I lie trying to cover up my snooping. 

"Uh-huh. What do you need help with?" He says crossing his hands over his chest.

I didn't even notice I asked him the question that was meant for Rick. I guess I was so surprised it just came out to cover up my mistake. 

"Err, nothing. I change my mind. I think I got it under control. Thanks though." I say standing straight to show him I was serious.

"Alright. Well if you do want that tour though, the offers still on the table." He says winking at me with a hint of a smirk.

I wanted to accept his offer, but that would be breaking my new rules of trying to ignore him with anything non-business related. 

"Thanks, but maybe next time." I say nodding my head once and turn to leave before I changed my mind. I knew if I didn't go fast, I'd take him in the room and kiss the living hell out of that boy. Which is also a big no no on my new rules list.

"You know you want too." He says laughing out.

"Actually no. I have to go." I say rudely not meaning to offend him, but if my father heard him say any of this stuff. I was screwed.