𝐱. 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃

𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 on my hair as I turned down an alley filled with destroyed and unresponsive bots. From the corner of my eye, I could see a small flash of blue and I realized it was Pietro.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked him as I moved into the small entrance in the middle of two buildings.

"I just... wasn't comepletly expecting this," He answered honestly and I nodded softly as I watched him catch his breath. "This is all our fault," He added quietly.

"Look at me. It's your fault, it's everyone's fault, who cares," Confused, he looked up at me. "Are you up for this?"

"I--" He stammered.

"Look, I just need to know, cause the city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, and I have can make ice appear from my hands," I waved my hand in the air, "None of this makes sense. But I'm going back out there because it's my job,"

Pietro nodded softly as we stared at each other. "It doesn't matter what you did, or what you were. If you go out there, you fight, and you fight to kill. Are you ready?"

"Yeah," He smirked, "You know you're really good at the pep-talks,"

"Okay Avengers," Caps voice rang through our comms. "Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job: tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off."

I mimicked his smirk as I placed my hands on my hips. "It's a family thing," I shrugged. "So, ready to kill some bots?" I asked as I pushed off of the wall.

"Just one more thing," He said and before I could register what was happening, my lips were against his. His hand rested on my cheek as mine wrapped around his neck.

Pulling away, he gave me a small wink before speeding off down the alley. My face flushed as I watched him disappear, trying to hide my huge grin.

"Y/n, you okay?" Steve's voice asked in my comm.

Clearing my throat, I replied, "Never better,"

I dove towards the ground as a bot flew towards me, half of its body lit in red and orange flames. I rolled a few meters away as the bot exploded, showering me in metal parts and oil. Wiping the black substance off of my cheek, along with some blood, I gagged.

"Y/n, heads up," Thor called as another bot flew towards me. Easily, I blasted it as Thor smashed it to small icy pieces. Spinting towards Steve, I ducked as he threw a bot off of the city.

"Has Stark figured how to win this? Because I'm really open to suggestions," I grunted as I tore the head off of another bot.

"I haven't heard anything," Steve replied as he quickly shielded me from an exploding car.