Batbros x (Temp.) Blind batsis

Requested by: @MelodySallyFaceFan
~~~~~~~~~~~

Last week, while on vigilante duty, there was an explosion and I was a bit too close to it. The factory had lots of chemicals and stuff. Dad immediately brought me home and Alfred checked up on me. He also called in someone named Doctor Midnight, though I don't really know who that is.

They both said I'd be okay, and gave me some bandages to keep my eyes covered. None of the chemicals reached my eyes or anything, but the explosion may leave me blind for a few days.

I curled up in my blankets. I yawned again, slowly drifting off to sleep.

~~~~

Everything was a bit blurry, but my sight was returning. I was bored. I wasn't allowed to watch tv, movies, videos, or even read. Mainly because I can't see, but I can still hear! Since Dick knows I'm bored, he lets me listen to radio, podcasts, the news, and he sometimes reads me to sleep as if I was still 5.

"So any story you wanna hear tonight?" Dick asked me. I looked at his blurry form and I could see he was wearing what looked like sweats.

"You're not going out tonight?" I asked him.

"Didn't feel like it." He told me.

"You can't just not go cause you don't feel like it." I said to him.

"I know, what story do you wanna hear?" He asked me.

"You pick." I smiled laying down in my bed.

I closed my eyes as he began reading the story. It was a classic prince and princess story, with some magic and suspense. It's sometimes fun hearing his little side comments as he reads such as "oh damn," "well then," and my favorite, "you fridging traitor."

~~~~

Jason on the other hand doesn't baby me like Dick. However, he does make me snacks and my favorite foods. Sometimes I don't want to bother Alfred. He already has so much with dad, Damian, Tim, and all the pets, the cleaning, etc.

"Here you go." I heard the clatter of a plate and smiled smelling the scent of (food).

"Thanks Jay." I carefully reached for the plate.

"You're going to spill." He complained and I felt him tug me off the bed and sit me down somewhere. Sometimes he fed me, sometimes he wouldn't. If it was something hot like soup, messy like sloppy joe's, sometimes burgers, he'd help me. Things like, plain bread, rice, fish, dumplings, I'd feed myself under his watchful eye. It was fun seeing this motherly(-ish) side if him. He'd even remind me to wash my hands and mouth before I went back to listening to my choice of "entertainment."

~~~~

Now Tim on the other hand, we were around the same age, but we didn't have much in common. I liked playing online games, RPG, MMORPG, things like that. Tim on the other hand mainly uses his computer for research, for school, and night activities.

However, since my incident, Tim knew I couldn't play my games. He'd come in every once in a while, get my laptop, and play for me. He'd tell me play by plays, helping me talk to my friends and Guild mates, things like that.

"You're APM sucks." I giggled.

"You can't even see." He said.

"I can hear." I said and I felt him bump my arm in annoyance.

"Someone wants a PK fight with you" he mumbled.

"Oh? Do you want to try?" I asked him.

"Sure. .... is it bad if I lose?" He asked me.

I shrugged, "It's not like I'm the best player on the server. But, I do have a 78% win rate, or at least that's what I remember."

"So its better to win..." Tim sighed.

"I'm kidding, just try it, experience it. Put on the headset, the sound effects are fun." I said and he did as told.

I found it funny hearing him tapping keys, fidgeting, mumbling trash talk and a groan of annoyance when he lost and small cheers as he won.

~~~~

"Damian?" I felt a quiet presence in the room.

"I'm here." He said. Although we live together, the two of us don't talk much. He prefers to hang out with Dad, Dick and Alfie. While Tim and Jay keep me company. It's been harder to since he joined the Teen Titans.

"Did you need something?" I asked him.

"Not really." He replied.

"I see, how is being a Titan?" I asked him.

"Fine." He answered.

"Anyone interesting?" I asked.

"Not really." His voice seemed closer now.

"Dami, I heard you liked animals, do you have any favorites?" I asked him.

"I like all animals. Not really a favorite." He said.

"Wanna know what my favorite is? It's more like a species though." I said.

"Sure." I felt the bed dip slightly.

"I like birds." I simply said.

"Birds?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yup, birds. From hawks, and eagles to the smallest of hummingbirds." I said to him. "In Gotham there aren't much of a variety, but I remember watching those documentary videos on the Bald Eagles, Snowy Owls, Perigean Falcons, and smallest of hummingbirds." I smiled.

"Why birds?" He asked me.

"Well.. I guess... because they are free?" I said. "I'm not saying I feel trapped or anything, but I love seeing them flying through the sky, the flapping of their wings, the way their feathers ruffle, the small chirps and coos, the way some sing. Even the funny clips of them learning how to talk." I smiled.

"What would be your favorite bird?" He asked me.

"My favorite?" I wondered. "Well, I guess... nightingale?" I answered. "I like the word, and its a songbird. Which makes it more cute. Though with the air and all the buildings here, it's better if I don't see a variety of birds here. I rather see, or hear them in their own habitats." I said.

"A nightingale...." I heard Damian mutter before I heard rustling then the door closing.

I was confused as he left kind of suddenly, but thought maybe he needed to do something, or someone was calling him from the door?

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of chirping. I was confused and woke up, sitting up in bed, looking around. I saw a bird shaped thing on my nightstand. My vision was getting better, so I could tell it wasn't a real bird. I saw it standing on a log of some sorts and on the log, was the time. I realized the chirping was the chirp of a nightingale and the chirping was my alarm. I smiled picking up the birdie clock, and turning off the alarm. I ran my fingers over the model of the nightingale, and was surprised that it wasn't wood, but felt like actual feathers.

"Like it?" I heard Damian's voice.

"I love it." I smiled, petting the fake bird. "Did you make this?" I asked him.

"The others helped." He said.

"You didn't have to do something like this, but thank you." I smiled, putting the alarm on the side. "Gimme a hug please?" I asked.

I knew he was hesitating, but eventually, we hugged. "Thank you Dami, I love it." I whispered.

"No problem." He replied and I felt a hand on my hair, petting me.

~~~~

Thoughts?