CHAPTER 2

AS THEY GOT READY FOR TONIGHT'S PATROL, the guardians prepared getting their armour on and waiting until the sun was completely down

AS THEY GOT READY FOR TONIGHT'S PATROL, the guardians prepared getting their armour on and waiting until the sun was completely down. Claire opened the gate way into the abandoned tunnel and the two trolls waited until the sun went down to head out.

"We're patrolling the forests tonight" jim told them all "Blinky told me that we've got a couple of trolls on the loose from last night"

"We'll take the skies!" Marc exclaimed as he transformed then croaked happily.

Claire placed a hand on his head and said "we'll find high ground to see if we can find them quicker."

"Me and Jim will take the grounds, as we do" Elizabeth said back nodding at the two before her and Jim ran towards the forest "how many trolls are we talking about?"

Jim explained to her "a few, we just need to make sure they're okay then we can head back."

She perched on one of the branches "but it didn't look like anyone was missing this morning" she said to him "are you sure these trolls are from our trollmarket?"

"Whether or not they are, we've gotta make sure they're alright." he told her, determined to ensure their safety.

She nodded her head and kept looking around the forest, jumping down she looked around the dark forests. Trying to find the sound of something, trying to rely on her tracking skills. Her ears perked up and down as she tried to find the right sound, the sound of a twig snapping made her draw her sword and so did Jim.

Their eyes widened when they saw it was simply a rabbit, the two glanced at one another and laughed at themselves for being overly defensive. They sheathed their swords and Jim said to her "a little bit too on the defence there, huh?"

"I think we just traumatised a bunny." she said with her arms folded, she looked back at him saying "you think Claire and Marc have had any luck?"

He answered "let's hope they're doing better than us" he noticed as she looked down at her hands "what are you thinking about there, beautiful?" he asked as he moved towards her.

She looked up at him "Vala had this ability, where she used the darkness to find any being"

He placed his hands on her arms and said "you don't have to if you don't want to, and I don't want you getting hurt"

She was unsure and looked up at him giving a reassuring nod "I'm just gonna try"

Hesitantly she reached out with her hands and tried to focus, the stone at the centre of her armour glowed gold as the engravings glowed along with it. She did her best to find any entities out there but her connection was too weak, the glow began to flicker as she slowly began to lose her focus. She groaned and knelt down trying to catch her breath, Jim said to her "what matters is you tried."

She looked back out into the forest and sighed "I guess darkness isn't really my thing huh?" she said to him with a small smile.

He helped her up and said to her "you'll get the hang of it, you just need time to get the basics"