CHAPTER 13

MARCUS GROANED IN PAIN AS HE SAT UP, as his hand touched the ground he gasped as he felt the water under it

MARCUS GROANED IN PAIN AS HE SAT UP, as his hand touched the ground he gasped as he felt the water under it. Yelping he stood up quickly and shook off the water from his hands as he stumbled back. As he looked around him he saw himself in a crimson red empty space, the water was a pitchblack but he somehow stood over it. As he took cautious steps around the space he saw the red flames around him.

"Where am I?" as he looked around something caught his eye and they widened in fear, he saw a screen like projection from someone's perspective "am I possessing someone right now..." he muttered.

The sound of deep huffing and gutteral growls came from behind him, he tensed in fear and slowly turned around. At first he saw dark claws as his eyes trailed up he saw the crimson red scales, the figure was familiar but was much more horrifying to him. Wings tucked, teeth bared in a scowl, horns larger than what they once were, eyes threatening as they almost stared into his soul "Holy... crap" he whispered his voice cracking in fear as he froze in horror. He felt himself shrink as he crained himself to look up into the dragon's Hazel eyes.

His growl grew louder as he lowered his head down to Marcus as he stalked towards him, the flames around them seemed to rise the more fearful and defensive Marc became. Whimpering as he grew more and more afraid, he tried his best to stay his ground as he stared into the dragon's eyes, his eyes darting to any sudden movement he made.

Before the dragon could do anything to him, his eyes glanced up to the projection as he rested his jaw no longer scowling at Marc.

Marc's gaze followed the dragons and the utter dread that fell upon him was unimaginable, he whispered his voice brittle as his eyes glazed over "you're controlling me..."

His eyes saw Claire and Arch walking through a cave and clearly he was hiding as they did not seem to see him. Turning back to the dragon he pleaded "Please, whatever you're thinking, don't! "

The dragon huffed a puff of smoke in his face and turned around walking away. Marc called out his voice sore as his tears streamed down "Don't do this, Leave her alone!" he was still ignored and merely earned a grunt from the ignorant dragon. "If you do this, both our lives will be miserable!"

He still ignored him and stood up tall as he continued to take control, not looking down at the boy. The dragon was set on getting rid of the anchor that kept Marc in control. A dragon cannot be weak, cannot be tamed, and that is what he had to fix. Marc's eyes narrowed in anger and he summoned flame to his hands "Final warning!" he roared.

After being ignored for the last time he sent a blast of flame at the dragon, that almost barely affected him but was enough to gain his attention. The dragon glared down at him and Marc stood his ground, the heat radiating off of his skin steamed off the wet tears. The dragon rose on its hind legs, heaving in before falling back down roaring, the roar so loud and thundering it caused the empty space to rumble around them.