CHAPTER 10

AS THEY SAILED TO THE CAVE OF THE LADY OF THE LAKE, Claire could not help but flip back to the portal page, her curiosity getting the best of her

AS THEY SAILED TO THE CAVE OF THE LADY OF THE LAKE, Claire could not help but flip back to the portal page, her curiosity getting the best of her. Marcus was more distant than usual; he grew envious of Archie as he watched him fly around the cave.

Merlin frowned as he saw Claire flipping through the book using his power to lift it away from her hands "if you've learned anything from Morgana, it is that shadow magic leads only to pain."

As Archie landed he whimpered saying "I try to avoid water."

Steve was picking his nose as he spoke "personally, I always pack my swimsuit, Extra personally it's actually my birthday suit." they all grimace in disgust at the action that followed "whoa.. It's a ship graveyard."

Merlin announced to them all "we've arrived."

Claire was shocked and said in disbelief "the lady of the lake is real! I thought she was just a myth"

Douxie said to her "Oh, no, the Lady's very much real" he explained "though, only Merlin's allowed to meet her... till now"

"Because her power is beyond your comprehension" merlin cut in as he explained the creation of Excalibur "it was from her, I helped Arthur first retrieve Excalibur"

The cave was dark and gloomy, the waters covered in a blanket of mist , the light seeping through casting the shadows of the fallen ships. They reached the gate to her lake and Merlin asked "Hisirdoux, the sword please."

He pulled out the sword and Steve chanted "quest, quest, quest, quest, quest!"

"Watch the ship I shall return shortly" he told as he moved towards the gate.

Steve groaned out "what? We have to wait in the car!"

Douxie felt naïve as he thought he'd actually be doing something to assist him "but I thought we were doing this together"

Merlin slammed his staff down as he said "you should be thanking me, I got you out of Camelot, Arthur's unstable and the people are afraid"

"I thought you trusted me!" he said as he felt useless "I won't just sit here without making things right!"

Merlin burst out "and I will not lose another apprentice!" his voice echoed as it was carried through the cave.

Douxie tensed in fear as he looked at him. Merlin sighed and pulled the sword out of his hand, he moved towards the gate and activated it.

"Who dares to disturb my slumber---"

"It's me, Merlin." he cut off eager to get this over with "Open up, you idiots."

"Oh it is you! All right, walk in."

The gate opened and Merlin walked through, douxie ran after him trying to get in, only for it to slam shut "thanks, closed."