CHAPTER 12

AFTER HOURS OF LOOKING THROUGH EVERY BOOK POSSIBLE, trying to understand anything they could about shape-shifting and it's consequence. It was already nightfall and they all were tiredly looking through.

Marcus was lying down on the table as he read the book in his hand, he yawned tiredly before placing the book over his head "this is hopeless, we just looked at every book in this room, there's nothing"

Claire slumped in her chair as she rubbed her forehead "doux, there's no way Merlin has anything on this, dark magic is what did this to him"

Steve yawned and suggested "why not just see what's wrong with his dragon side"

Marcus scoffed and sat up saying sarcastically "Yeah... just book him a session with counsellor or therapist"

Archie hummed as he said "that actually might be a good idea."

He blinked in shock and said "you know i was kidding right?"

Douxie rubbed his chin as he thought about it "if we understand why he's doing this we can figure out a deal--"

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah!" marcus yelled as he got off the table, he frowned as he reminded them all "just to remind you, if we didn't hear what Arch just said, my dragon side hates Claire" he said as he pointed to her before crossing his arms "I'm not letting him anywhere near her" he stated.

She stood up and placed a hand on his arm "I'll be fine, right now we need to find a way to help you"

He pondered for a moment before saying "fine, I'll do it" he paused before telling her sternly "but you're not staying"

"What?!"

"I do not trust myself with stopping anything, and I'd feel much better if you weren't in the room" he admitted truthfully "please? I want you to stay safe"

She sighed sadly before smiling as she said "If it means, that it will help you, then I'll go" leaning up she kissed his cheek then walked towards the door "I'm gonna go see if I can find Jim and Liz, good luck guys"

Douxie shouted out as she left through the door "Be careful! You're still a witch In training!"

"Got it, teach!" she shouted back.

Douxie clapped his hands together and said "Let's get started!"

________________

The room pitch black, at its centre a pond of darkness swirling around in circles. Vala lazily layed down on her stomach as she looked down into it, she never spent any time in the light she loved the darkness, for that is why she hated standing anywhere near Bellroc or Alina for being in their mere presence made her sick of them.

She had never spent so long away from the old realm, and she missed the entertainment she felt whenever she sat to watch the battles in the pit. And for the lack of entertainment she created a peep hole that allowed her to look into the tournament happening, she grinned in excitement as her favourite part began. Propping herself up on her hands she muttered "come on! Throw them in the hatch already!" as she eagerly waited for the moment to come, but before it could begin, she hissed as someone disturbed her darkness by bringing forth light, anger boiled within her and she stood up, holding her hand up she used destruction magic against the assailant "EXITIUM!"

Before the blast could hit them it was deflected to the side, hitting a scurrying rat. The magic destroyed the creature leaving nothing behind. Vala groaned in anger, her voice distorted and locks hung around her face "have none of you learned not to do that?! You, FOOLS!"

Morgana was fearful for a moment before clearing her throat "forgive me, Vala, but I have failed" kneeling down she admitted "I was unable to capture her"