CHAPTER 8

ELIZABETH GOT READY FOR THE NEXT HUNT THAT SHE WOULD MOST LIKELY AVOID KILLING IN, she stood back as she watched the knights destroy the statues of fallen trolls flinching with every hit thrown

She grew fearful and shivered from the thoughts that came into her mind. Looking down at her arm she saw a tendril of darkness trail up and around her arm. She groaned trying to subdue that power and hid her arm as best as she could, she noticed Claire, Marc and Douxie waving for her to join them "what is it?"

"We've got a problem." Claire told her fearfully "they're going to push into the border"

She gasped in fear "there's no way Jim could have made it..." she muttered "they're going to kill him and every other creature!"

"I know, and he's not the only one" douxie said as he held onto the time map in his hands "because of us Arthur's now fated to eat the big one too!"

"Eat the what?" Steve asked confused before thinking out loud "Oh, no, was I supposed to bring food?"

He explained to him "he'll be eating a death sandwich steve"

"Ugh, who would eat that? Gross..."

He groaned at his incompetence and activated the map explaining "If arthur dies we lose the battle of killahead and the war..."

Archie cut in "Which will probably mess up time so much, you'll never be able to return home."

Douxie spun the time map revealing Toby, Claire gasped in worry "Oh, no, Toby!"

Marc noticed how he began to deteriorate "what's happening to him?!"

"The future--- our future is vanishing!" He tried finding the better alternative pathway.

Claire noticed something odd "what's that?"

"Well-- well, that wasn't there before." he said as he examined the timeline "one where arthur and Jim live!"

Elizabeth scoffed when she saw Morgana "and how is that even true, how is she going to be the hero?"

"I thought she was destined to become mistress doom" Claire told.

"It looks like there's a possibility, if we get Arthur and Morgana to reconcile, then somehow nobody dies!" he said as he shut the map "that's what we need to do"

Elizabeth rubbed at her arm and said to them as she heard the knights "I don't think I'll be able to hang around anymore, Morgana is already thinking about letting my secret out"

Marc assured her "don't worry, we're coming with"

"Morgana needs her handmaiden," Claire said, crossing her arms.

"And Merlin needs us to subdue the spirits" Douxie said to her "we'll find a way to cover for you so you can find your way out of this"

Claire nodded and told them all "the easiest way to do that is if we keep an eye on Arthur on Morgana, we'll give you the sign to leave" she said to her earning a nod.