CHAPTER 6

TO HER LUCK THEIR PATROL HAD FINALLY ENDED BUT FEAR HAD ALMOST CONSUMED HER COMPLETELY, marc, Claire, and Douxie awaited their return

TO HER LUCK THEIR PATROL HAD FINALLY ENDED BUT FEAR HAD ALMOST CONSUMED HER COMPLETELY, marc, Claire, and Douxie awaited their return. The sun had already set which gave them some hope that she was safe. The gates went up as they welcomed back the last patrol led by Lancelot.

"Great Job men, we have defeated our foes that lie in the forest, and protected our lands once more!" he shouted as he looked back at them all.

Elizabeth's head was hung low, she still tried to process all of which she just saw. She had fought against trolls before, but never ambushed and killed them while they still remained helpless. After the patrol dispersed, she hopped off to take her horse to the barracks, Steve gave her a worried look and Douxie went up to her "i thought you were going to leave?" he asked in a whisper.

She was pulled out of her daze and said to him "oh, yeah, I just... um never got the chance"

Claire noticed her tense figure "what happened back there? Is everything okay?" she asked worriedly.

Elizabeth sighed as she twisted her eyes shut "I just need some time to rest, I'm really tired" she said to them even though there was no way she'd be able to sleep through that, she walked passed them and pulled her horse along with her "see you guys around"

They all glanced at each other worriedly as she walked away solemnly. Lightning lit up the sky as rain began to pour.

She sat by the window in her casual wear out of her armour, wearing that armour made her feel like a criminal. She had her legs hugged to her chest as she looked out, they all looked up at her worriedly.

Douxie told them all as he walked out "well the good thing is that she survived a night out" he stood by the door telling them all "we survived day two, let's hope we make it to the next, goodnight" he left the room.

They all headed onto their beds and Marc looked up at Liz worriedly and said "goodnight guys"

"Goodnight" Claire responded.

Steve responded with a snore while Liz responded after a moment of silence "night..."

________________

The next morning came and Marc was training in the field, he was assigned to control a normal stream of fire that moved around him. He realised how much he depended on being a dragon, but it has been awhile since he had last transformed.

Claire finally had a break from being handmaiden and walked along the castle halls, as she reached the training field she smiled lightly when she saw Marc training. Her face twisted in worry when she noticed him struggling to hold it together, his eyes flashed his dragon ones and he roared out letting his energy burst. She quickly took cover avoiding the flames, moving out from behind the wall she gasped when she saw his fire form the silhouette of his dragon as it roared in anger.

His eyes were squeezed shut and his hands clenched into fists, he breathed in and out calming himself as he allowed his flames to fade away. He huffed in anger for awhile before realising his mistake, he groaned as he facepalmed "Ugh, Merlin you are way too demanding for your own good"