Chapter Eleven: The Calvary (Aka Katherine cause she'll kick your ass)

"What do you mean deres other options? We is minus one reporter right now!" Race complained.

"I know some people!"

"Yeah Racer, have a little faith!" Spot added.

It had been a day since Spot had kissed me, when we all met up at Jacobi's the next day he acted like nothing had happened so I just went along with it. I hadn't told anyone anything about what had happened, not even Olivia. I was too confused, to hurt, to lost in my thoughts to cry. Only Blue seemed to realize how much it had messed with me.

"It doesn't matter if you know people, ain't none of the papes gonna run our story. And wes also missing one leader." Mush pointed out.

"Trust me I know the right people. Plus we've got Davie, we've got Spot, and we've got you Race. The three of you combined can come up with something on parr with Jack's thinking."

Race sighed "You want me to take over as the leader of 'Hatten till we find a way ta get Jack out?"

"Well your his second, I mean if you don't want to I'm sure someone else here would be willing."

A couple of the guys made noises of agreement.

"Fine. I'll do it."

I grinned "I knew it."

"Okay, you guys keep up the strike, me an' Sights 'ill go get whoever."

The guys all started to get up and leave as I fished through my bag for enough to cover lunch.

"Mr. Jacobi, I'm uh a few cent's short."

"Don't worry about it Miss Falto."

I smiled "Thank you."

"Hurry it up Sights!" Race called from outside.

"I'm coming."

Outside I paused for a moment, trying to think up the best way to get to Katie's. "Okay, Blue, let's go to Katie's. Race follow me."

"Yous mean follow Blue."

"Same thing."

After a while of walking I could tell we were close cause Race started gawking at everything around us. "An' 'ere I was tinkin you lived in a nice neighborhood. Dese people must be even more well off dan you."

I sighed "My neighbourhood is okay. These people are well off, we're doing okay."

"Your kiddin right? You've gotta big house and a maid dats better dan okay."

I shook my head "Thats just what you think. The house is only six rooms, it's more of an apartment. And there's a bunch of other things going on to make things worse." Before Race could ask anymore questions Blue turned up the path of one of the houses.

"We're here."

"Dis house? It's da biggest one 'ere!"

"I know."

Carefully I counted up the steps and knocked on the door, "Oh, hello Miss Falto, I wasn't aware you were visiting today." Crisper, the butler, said as he opened the door.

"Katie doesn't know either, could you call her out here please."

"Of course, one one moment."

He stepped away and a few moments later Katie joined me on the veranda, "Hi Nat! I didn't know you were coming."

She pulled me into a quick hug.

"Have you done any good stories lately?"

"Still just reviewing vaudeville."