Smile dog x Grinny cat

Human au, fluff, slight angst(very small) requested by honeytea123

(Third pov)

     Valentine's day, the day of love and nerves. (I know it's not Valentine's day, but, for the sake of the one shot, it will be) Smile was pacing back and forth in his and Jeff's shared room. Ok, ok. Today I will tell him. Seeing as how it is the day of love, Smile decided to tell his long time crush, Grinny cat, that he likes him. He walked towards the door and opened it. He walked down the hall to Jane and Grinny's room. The door was open slightly, and he could hear people talking inside.

(Smile pov)

     I walked down to Grinny's room and heard voices. I decided to stand by the door and listen to what they were saying.  "Since today is Valentine's day, I wanted to tell you how I felt." I recognized the voice as Grinny's. "I have been in love with you since I met you and I was wondering if you would like to go out with me?" My eyes widened as tears began to build up. I didn't bother to stay and listen to what the other person said. I turned and walked away, but I tripped over Sally's bear and fell, making a loud bang.

(Grinny pov)

     Jane was helping me practice my confession to Smile dog. I loved him ever since I met him. He was so purr-fect(get it....cause he's a cat,,,I'll stop now) in my eyes. Jane was telling me how my confession sound when we heard a loud noise come from outside the door. We ran out and saw Smile sitting on the floor with tears in his eyes ready to run down his face. Jane noticed his knee was red and went to get something to fix it. I sat on my knees next to Smile, but he shifted away from me. "Smile, what's wrong?" I asked him. He looked at me and the tears in his eyes started to fall. "I was coming d-down here t-to tell you that I l-l-liked you, but then I heard you telling Jane that YOU loved HER since you two first met." He explained between sobs. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Before I knew what I was doing, I leaned forward and kissed him.

(Smile pov)

     My eyes widened when Grinny kissed me, but my eye lids slowly started to close as I kissed back. After a few minutes, he pulled away, and I stared at him, unable to speak and not knowing what to say. "I wasn't tell Jane that I loved her, she was helping me practice so I could confess to YOU." He pecked my lips and gave a soft smile. "I love you, Smile." "I love you, too." That night we cuddled and watched The Notebook. Neither of us had ever been as happy as we were then.

-----------------------------------------------------------

honeytea123 let me know what you think. Love you all✌️❤️