Chapter 8

Kyle's Pov

Stan checked the bathroom stalls after I followed him into the boy's bathroom. When it was confirmed to him that no one else was there, he huffed loudly and stomped over to me.

"Dude, what's wrong?" I questioned, tilting my head.

"Kyle," Stan gulped, "Did you kill Cartman?"

I raised an eyebrow and rose my hands up in defense.

"What? No!"

"Ok I thought so," Stan stopped to exhale before continuing, "But I don't think others will be convinced."

Frowning, I crossed my arms. "The hell are you talking about?"

"I mean, everyone knows you hate Cartman, right?"

"Right."

"And Cartman had just done something that made you really pissed off last night, right?"

"Right."

"And that same night Cartman was murdered, right?"

"...R-Right... Oh god."

I clenched my chest. "People are going to think I killed Cartman!"

My breath quickened and my heart started to beat faster. I recalled the last message I sent to Cartman last night.

"I'm going to kill you"

Jesus... if anyone sees what I've sent him, they'll all accuse me of pushing him in front of that car. I can't let anyone know about the text messages, or the AIDS thing in general.

"Kyle? Kyle!"

Stan gently but physically shook me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I perked my head up, my breathing still fast and shaky, and gave a serious look to Stan.

"I can't tell anyone that Cartman made up the AIDS thing."

"Why?" Stan questioned.

"Because if they don't know about it, they won't assume I murdered him," I assuredly replied. "Though that does mean I can't disprove the rumor..."

Stan gave a shrug. "Whatever you say, du-"

Stan stopped talking when he heard the sound of the bathroom door opening. I turned my back back to see Craig entering.

Craig smirked. "What, were you two fucking in here? Why so quiet?"

I clenched my fist, mentally fighting myself from snapping back at him.

"We were just about to leave," I lied.

"Well that's good. Because lunch is almost over," Craig spoke, walking up to one of the urinals to take a piss.

"I barely ate," I heard Stan sadly mutter to himself.

I shook my head. "I'll get you something from the vending machine next passing period, don't worry about it," I took a few steps forward towards the bathroom door, "I'm leaving now."

Stan did a small smile. "Thanks, Kyle."

I flashed Stan a quick grin before exiting the room.

The next few periods went by hazily. I kept my focus more on the people around me rather than the teacher, or anything they were teaching me. If someone were to talk about the rumor or Cartman's death, I wanted to listen in. I know that it's just a dumb rumor and it'll all probably die out in a few days, either that or no one will believe it, but considering how Red reacted earlier that's most likely not the case.

A small part of me told myself that hiding this secret away will have consequences. I can already tell what one of them is; my love life. No girl would want to fuck an STD-infected guy. I know my love life before was already shit, but this takes it to the next level, and I don't want to wait 'till after school ends to find someone that will give me the love and attention I've craved for so long.

Of course, testing for it seems like the obvious solution to prove everyone wrong, but this is high school. Not only high school, but it's South Park's high school. Most people here are gullible idiots.

...I guess I'm just going to have to live with it. It's not like Cartman's actual killer will ever confess.