Chapter 12

Y/N's Pov

Was Kyle serious? Does he really think I'm uncomfortable with him?

And more importantly...

What the hell is Kenny doing?!

"Dude! Why are you climbing through my window?!" Kyle shouted, backing away slightly.

"Didn't wanna hear your mom's yapping. She's pretty annoying," Kenny nonchalantly replied, hopping into Kyle's room.

"D-Dude! My mom is not annoying!"

"Uh-huh."

"Whatever, let's just get working on this stupid project," Kyle huffed, taking a seat on his bed.

"Alright, sweet. When are we gonna look up images of pussies-" Kenny got cut off by a snappy Kyle.

"Be quiet, Kenny. I already told you we're not doing that. Y/N didn't like the idea, too, remember?" Kyle said.

"Well, considering what I heard earlier, Y/N won't be in our group anymore, right?"

Kyle's facial expression quickly changed from annoyed to worried.

Right... the AIDS thing. Since I'm friends with the girls, he probably assumes I believed the rumor just like the rest.

Of course... he doesn't know the truth.

I'm not exactly sure why he's not fighting the rumor. He knows he doesn't have AIDS, and, from what I've seen, he's a total smart ass. The fact he hasn't corrected everybody yet is strange.

Realizing I had to say something, I spoke up.

"No, I'm still going to work with you guys."

Kyle looked at me, confused and somewhat sadly. I bit my lip and hesitantly gave him a friendly smile, hoping it'd ease the tension.

I heard Kenny make a pop noise with his lips. "Uh, Alright, then."

"Um... I-If you're still going to work with us then I guess we should start thinking of a topic to base our project on," Kyle suggested.

I sat in silence while the two started to discuss ideas with each other, though it was more like Kyle telling Kenny to stop suggesting perverted topics.

"How long do we have to do this stupid project, again?" Kenny asked, pulling out one of his Playboy magazines to read out of boredom.

"Two weeks. A-And put that away!"

Kenny groaned, flipping a page, "This project is dumb. How about we just do something easy like a volcano or something?"

"No, dude," Kyle glared, "That won't get us an A."

"Well I'm sorry you're a grade-A momma's boy-"

I suddenly started to speak up, "How about we do our project on the member berries?"

I forced a smile. I knew if they kept fighting we wouldn't get anywhere, so I recommended the quickest thing I could think of.

Kyle took a moment to think about it, and shrugged.

"That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea," he stated, "At least it's better than Kenny's."

He mumbled the last part, but once I heard what he said I let out a small giggle, which seemed to catch him off guard.

"Yeah! We could test out how they react to their surrounding climate!" Kenny exclaimed.

"We could go to Hillvale Farm and ask that old dude for some!" Kyle stated, "Thanks for the idea, Y/N."

For some reason, his statement made me flustered.

After we finished out the planning together, we started working on writing our thesis statement that we would present. Kyle swiftly typed it out on his laptop.

"How long do we have to do this, again?" Kenny asked.

"The syllabus said two weeks," I answered.

"That should be enough time for us to get the berries and place them in a variety of areas," Kyle commented, "We should get the berries tomorrow morning."

"Tomorrow? I can't go, my parents are going somewhere and I need to look after my sister," Kenny stated.

"Really? Alright... then I guess just Y/N and I will go," Kyle responded, "Sound good?"

I silently nodded in response.

"Okay. We can just drop by some of the berries at your house afterwards, Kenny. And th-"

"Bubbeeee! Dinner's ready! Your little friend should be going by now, too!"

Kyle flinched and shouted back to his mom, "O-Okay, mom!"

Kenny yawned and opened Kyle's window.

"Whelp, cya guys tomorrow!" he exclaimed, jumping out of the window.

Kyle awkwardly glanced at me before rubbing his arm shyly.

"Um... I guess I should get going, too," I said, though it was more of a mutter.

"Y-Yeah.."

I gathered up all of my school stuff and threw my backpack over my shoulders. Before I could leave Kyle's room he said one last thing to me.

"Hey, Y/N? Thank you for... um... not judging me for that."

...

...

No... bad Y/N. You can't get too attached.