Chapter 11

Kyle's Pov

"Bubbe what are you doing in there?"

"Combing my hair."

"Oh! Are you going on another date with that girl? Wendy, I think her name was?"

My eyes widened as the name processed into my mind. I groaned and placed the comb next to the bathroom sink.

"No! She broke up with me, mom!"

I winced at the thought of the break up scene replaying in my mind.

"It's because I have a science project to do and some people are coming over."

"Is one of them a girl?"

"...Y-Yes."

"Is she a pretty girl?"

"MOM!"

"Sorry, Sorry," my mom then started to walk away, all while gushing, "Oooo, my little bubbe is growing up so fast~!"

I squinted my eyes and lowered my head. My tired eyes were on my green hat.

Seriously, why am I taking time trying to look good? This is just a casual project, and I barely know the girl. I think I'm just scared that she'll hate me just like every other girl already does.

I'm already convinced she thinks I'm weird. She was hella awkward when we got together in class. I feel bad for her, having to stay over at the house of some loser that got AIDS.

Sorry, Y/N.

The doorbell rang, alerting my attention.

"I'll get it!" I shouted, shoving my hat on and running out of the bathroom and straight downstairs to the front door.

I turned the doorknob and outside waiting for me was Y/N.

"Oh. Hey," I 'greeted.'

"Hi," she shyly mumbled back, her hands clutching onto the straps of her backpack.

Without saying any other words, I opened the door wider so she could enter, in which she obliged. Closing the door behind her, I quietly told Y/N to follow me upstairs to my room.

Before I could make my way up the stairs, my mom bombarded Y/N with her exhausting greeting.

"Awe you must be one of Kyle's classmates! You look so sweet. Make sure to watch over my little bubbe. He can be a handful at times~" my mom said, winking at Y/N.

I could swear I could see a blush form across Y/N's confused face.

"Uh," Y/N muttered under her breath, "I-I will."

"Awe don't be shy, I don't bite," my mom smiled.

I brushed my hand over Y/N's arm, as to tell her to end the embarrassing conversation immediately and leave. Y/N must've knew what I was trying to do, as she gave a small wave to my mom.

"I-I know. We need to get working on our project now, miss. Thank you for the... warning, though," Y/N halfheartedly told her.

My mom flashed Y/N another smile before we both walked up the stairs and into my room.

"You can put your backpack next to mine," I said, pointing to my dark green backpack placed on the ground next to my bed. Y/N nodded and slid her backpack off, placing it next to mine.

Usually in a group project you would actually... work with your group. However, when you're stuck with a girl that thinks you have an STD, and your only other group partner isn't here yet, it gets a bit weird.

"So... since Kenny isn't here yet, I guess we can actually come up with a project idea that isn't about vaginas and dicks. Y/N you got any ideas?" I asked, pulling out one of my school notebooks and a piece of paper, sitting down next to Y/N on my bed.

Y/N simply shrugged with a hum, not saying anything.

I grew more anxious, but also annoyed. If she's going to try and ignore me because of an 'std,' she can at least be honest about it. I know she knows about it, she heard it during lunch time.

I took a deep breath, preparing to talk.

"Y/N if you're uncomfortable with working with me because of my AIDS then that's okay. I can arrange something with the teacher so you can get with a different group."

"Wh-What?"

"Yeah, what?"

I was startled by the sudden third voice in the room. Flinching, I turned my head towards my now-open window, in which a certain blonde was entering through.

"K-Kenny!?"

"What did I just walk in on?"