Chapter 6: Above The Law

Gabe: "Dad?"

David: "Javi? Is that really you? I always hoped I'd find you. Never really thought it'd happen; not after all this time."

Javier: "I can't fucking believe this... It--it's you!"

Your brother stands there open armed, he wears a leather jacket over a blue shirt. And brown leather pants with white and green running shoes.

Gabe runs up to David and hugs him.

Gabe: "I knew you were still alive. I knew it!"

David: "Hey, weapons down! This is my family!"

The New Frontier soldiers lower their weapons.

Javier: "You gotta let us in. Kate doesn't have much longer. Neither does Clem."

David: "Clem?! Hell no their not coming in."

Jason: "That's my family, their coming in." Jason and David make eye contact. It's been a while since you were with the new frontier but you remember. Your brother died the first day right?

David: "Jesus--Kate!"

Kate: "David?"

David: (holds Kate's right hand) "I'm here, honey; I'm right here. What the hell happened?"

Javier: "They've both been shot; and we got the bullet out, but she's still bleeding. We need your doctor. Now, David! Clem's bullet is still in her stomach, we don't know how much time she has!"

David: "Thanks, Javi. For getting her here."

David carries Kate.

David: "She's coming inside!"

Max: "But she hasn't been checked!"

David: "This is my wife, Max. You want her to die?"

Max: "No. I didn't say that!" He backs up from the rail up top.

Y/N: "Our doctor's gonna help you, honey. I'm gonna make sure of it." You whisper to Clem.

Gabe: "Wait. I'm going with you!"

Gabe, You, Jason and David walk away. The rest of the group tries to follow, but the New Frontier raises their weapons to stop them.

Javier POV

You watch as the five of them leave through the gates.

Fern: "Sorry--but the rest of you have to go straight to quarantine."

Tripp: "What for?"

Fern: "All newcomers get checked for bites...and they all have to answer a couple of questions. Our doctor will clear the two of them. But the rest of you have to come with me to the quarantine holding area. It's how we keep it safe for everyone."

Javier: "Don't you get it? I'm David's brother! I'm going to the hospital with them."

Fern: "We have procedures here--procedures that have to be followed... Even if you are related to David."

Javier says nothing.

Fern: "Let's go."

The soldiers bring the group to the quarantine area, which is down some steps. That's also where you find Eleanor.

Eleanor: "Tripp!"

Tripp: "Oh, god, Eleanor!" (hugs Eleanor) "When we found the car without you in it--I didn't know what to think."

Eleanor: "The engine up and died! I came here looking for help and this...happened. I've been so worried about Kate. I told them she needed a doctor. They promised me someone would look into it. Please, tell me they found her."