Dinner at Bakugo's, Ch. 18

Third Person's POV
---------------------------------------------------------

Rain continues to pour heavily on them, as clouds dim the rest of the brightness. Overlapping drops of water and rays of tiny light floods the entire area, except no light would shine in this two particular people. Coincidentally, the majority of darkness falls above them.

The two are still hugging each other, one's relief to have the truth set them free, and one's crying on the inside for the truth they have to bear.

They both feel that way.

After Bakugo knows that Uraraka indeed loved her, he was happy his feelings got reciprocated but only momentarily as he questions why it only lasted shortly.

Uraraka on the other hand, trying not to stray away from her unresolved emotions, is still not satisfied for Bakugo not revealing the whole truth. So she breaks out of their unusual, comforting hug and backs away.

"Anything else you want to say?" She subtly gives him one last chance to tell the whole truth.

"What do you mean—"

"Don't play shit with me, Bakugo! Please, just say the whole truth! The whole thing! How you've never been okay with the villains terrorizing you! How you manage to sabotage every single situation where Deku has to confess! How you've just tried to confess now because you knew I kinda knew and I loved you back in the same way! Confirm it for me, Bakugo! Confirm all your shit to me!"

Her impatience makes her spit his truth instead. She had enough of his arrogance.

Hearing Uraraka cuss for the first time surprises him, but that's not the only reason why he's surprised..

She knew. This whole time she knew. Bakugo thought she definitely knew the sabotage part because Deku said it to her.

But the rest? She knew it all along?

She knew it all along.

"H-how? When..? Why—"

"I told you I could understand. I hinted you many times I could help. Did you ever wonder why I made those wishes...why I propose 'the date'?"

Bakugo was left dumbfounded. He's always been absentminded he never noticed her own reasons, which guilt him even further.

She tries to stifle her sniffles; in a way to calm herself so she can talk straight.

"You wanna know why I'm so eager than usual to spend my time hanging out with someone like you?"

"Why..?" Was all he could say now.

"I want to know if you're also actually okay for once." Her body is mourning for his comfort; his warm touch that makes her feel better. But she knew she can't do it right now.

"You want to worry for someone who will never be free of the dangers of this world?" He tries his best to persuade Uraraka to let him be.

"No one will ever be free from that. I won't just worry for you. I can only help you lessen the risk of it. You don't have to do this all alone. Stop keeping secrets from me. Stop thinking you can only bear the pain when you could share it with me!" But her stubborness is what keeps both of them going, much to her likeness.

"That's the thing. You can't promise me that because we don't know what happens in the future...I can't promise you that. And besides, it's way easier for me to handle if it only affects me."

He looks down; his eyes losing light when he's starting to lose all hope. Gripping his chest tightly, he wince at the pain as his heart sends a negative response that's coursing throughout his body.