Chapter 10

-Kristen’s POV-

April 24, 2013

NIALL HORAN SPOTTED IN WINNIPEG WITH RANDOM GIRL! WHO IS SHE?

DOES NIALL HORAN HAVE A NEW LOVE INTEREST? READ MORE TO FIND OUT!

WHOLE HORAN FAMILY SPOTTED IN WINNIPEG! WHAT ARE THEY DOING THERE!?

They just kept coming.  Every single news paper, magazine and blog was talking about me and my brother in some way or another.  It was suffocating, like when you’re tangled up in your blankets and can’t find the way out.  It had been 4 days since the Horans and I were officially spotted together, and yet already I was finding it harder and harder to go outside.  My biological family was leaving today, and I had thought I would be able to almost go back to my regular life - only now with the tabloids always publishing photos I knew I wouldn’t be able to.  My university life was about to go from about 4 friends to a gazillion ‘followers’.

It is currently 4:36 in the morning - but I can’t sleep.  I was going to be going to the airport to see the Horans off in about 5 hours, but my brain wouldn’t rest - couldn’t.  It was over-analyzing my life, thinking of the sweet privacy and small life I had before this huge announcement.  I almost wished - prayed - that I would wake up and this would all be a dream, or that I could just go back to being normal.  But I knew that my life was ‘over’ as I knew it.  I would probably have camera men follow me, people trying to befriend me for information about Niall, and I didn’t want any of it.  I just wanted to be Kristen Nicole-Lyn Brooks, 19 year old girl that lives in Winnipeg, goes to college for an art degree, goes to Tim Hortons every morning at 8:30 to get her double-double coffee before classes.  That had an old VW Bug that was slowly dying on her, and a crazy roommate.  The girl who has way to many pictures on her walls and big ambitions.

Just her.

But it could never be that way again.

-Niall’s POV-

*vmm vmm*  *vmm vmm*  *vmm vmm*

I looked down at my phone and saw that it was vibratin’ - Liam was calling me.  I answered it by te fourth vibration.

“Hey Payne-o!  Hows you’re vacation goin’?”

“Hey Nialler, it’s going great - lots to do.  How are you doing?”
“Liam mate, cut te the chase.  You never call to see how I’m doing unless I made it BIG into te tabloids.  You usually text me.”

“Okay, fair enough.  I’m wondering how you’re doing with this news?  And how come you didn’t tell me until 2 days ago with a simple text?!”

“Okay, I see yer point.  Shoulda called you.  And I’m not sure to be honest.  I mean, it’s great that I have anot-er sibling, and a sister at that!  But how can they be really sure ya know?” I replied.  I might as well spill the beans about my doubts because Liam would figure them out anyways.

“I hear what you’re saying mate.  I mean, I just think about if I ever found out I had a twin brother! I’m not sure how I would respond to that.”

“Exactly!  I’m not saying she isn’t - it’s hard te just accept the fact that I have meself a sister, and a twin to boot!  She seems nice enough, but what if the paps get te her?  What if she sells information about anything?!”  There.  I said it - me main fear.  I’m tired of the paps getting to my friends and buying them out.

“Niall. Can I ask you a question?” Liam said after a short pause.

“Sure.”

“Have you thought about how she might be taking in this news? Her adoptive parents?  This must be a HUGE shock for them.”  Wise old Liam strikes again.  I had never thought about that.  At all.