Part 7

"Keito, can you tell us who did this to you?" Yamada finally asks the ultimate question.

Everybody is watching board very closely. The planchette starts moving.

...Y...

...U...

...R...

...I...

"Usou!!" Yamada stands up. "That can't be! Chii can't be the culprit!"

"Calm down Yama-chan," Inoo grabs the restless boy's shoulder.

"How can I stay calm when Chii is being framed?"

"Keito didn't lie either," Ryutaro speaks.

"Then how do you explain the bloody shirt and carpet hidden in Yuto's room?" Yamada glares at the youngest boy. "Keito, just because you're a ghost it doesn't mean that you can say whatever you want! You are trying to save Yuto from the verdict right?"

"Why would he do so?"

"Because Yuto is his best friend!!"

Out of a sudden lightning comes in through the open window and strikes the Ouija board directly, causing the board to fly in the air before landed on the floor. Everybody remains in their seat; still in shock with the incident that just happened.

"Yurusai na Yama-chan," a familiar male voice comes from the attic's door, followed by several footsteps. A solid figure is approaching them.

The guy stops at some point, slowly bend down and pick up the planchette that was located in front of his right feet. "Why do I want to frame Chii? Baka," he starts to move again, gradually bringing himself under the dim moonlight that shine through the transparent roof top.

"Keito..." Hikaru gasps.

"Tell me this is a dream," Takaki begins to massage his head. "My migraine is coming!" he falls flat on the couch.

"But how?" Daiki frowns. "You are supposed to be-"

"Dead?" Keito finishes the sentence before Daiki have the chance to do so. "Yes, I am dead."

"Then why?"

"This world is full of mysteries Dai-chan. Why am I here, why Chii killed me... I want to know the answer too."

"So it was really you that Chii saw," Inoo concludes.

"No, it wasn't me," Keito denies. "I wouldn't do such childish thing."

"Then what was it?"

"Perhaps his guilt is playing tricks on his mind."

Silence crosses again. All eyes are fixed on Keito who is playing with the planchette in his hand.

"Tell us what happened that day," Yabu demands.

Keito stares deeply into Yabu's eyes. "I'll show you instead."

__________________________________________________________________

"Ne Yuto-kun," Chinen suddenly calls.

"Em?"

"Why are you staying back really?"

"Eh? You heard what Ryu said, this is just a precaution."

"Don't lie. I know why you are here."

"What do you mean Chii?"

"You are here to kill me right?"

Yuto sits on the chair opposite to the boy. "Maybe I am the one who is supposed to be worried Chii. After all, it's you who killed Keito."

Chinen couldn't hide his surprise. "How do you know?"

"He told me," Yuto replies. The incidence that took place since two weeks ago is playing in his mind.

Chii is dangerous. Beware.

The same sentence was written with blood on Yuto's mirror over and over again. Even when Yuto wiped out everything the sentence kept appearing the next morning. He knew that this isn't a prank anymore. To confirm this he used the Ouija board to call Keito's spirit, and it succeeded.

"Keito told me you called him," Ryutaro said to him the next morning he 'spoke' to Keito.

"How did you-"

"I saw him too, and Sayuri. He told me everything."

"You saw him?" Yuto frowned.

Ryutaro nodded. "You too right?"

"No," Yuto denied. "I used this," he showed the board to the young boy. "His handwriting kept appearing on my mirror so I want to confirm it."

"That's why you've been isolating yourself in your room all this while."

"Em," Yuto confirmed. "There's something spooky about this manor Ryu."

"If you are referring to the ghost, that's nothing. What's scarier is Keito was killed by our own friend! And now he's targeting Angel too."

"Hence the reason why he insisted to stay for a few more days even when he has resume his health. It's not because he's afraid of ghost, but he is seeking opportunity to keep Angel silence too so that nobody will know about the real incident," Yuto concluded.

Ryutaro once again nodded, agreeing with every word Yuto just said. "We need to do something! We can't let Chii repeat his mistakes."

Thus they came out with the plan. Yuto will stay in the hospital to watch Chinen rather than to guard him while Ryutaro took the responsibility to unveil the bitter truth to the rest of the group.

Yuto sure by now everybody is as shocked as he was when he first made known about the cruel fact.

"Why Chii? Why did you do that?" Yuto fiercely asks. "We are brothers right? The how can you kill him?"

"I didn't!!!" Chinen's limbs begin to get shaky. "It was an accident... AN ACCIDENT!!!!"

"Chii..."

Chinen curls on the hospital bed. His chin is placed on his knees.

"It was a set up... somebody messed up... I was scared... I tried to help..." the shivering boy rambles. "It's not my fault... It's not my fault!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Chinen suddenly get out of control. He screams as he pulls out all the intravenous drip that was connected to his left hand.

"Chii, calm down!!!" Yuto grabs Chinen's hand and pushes him onto the bed. He quickly presses the emergency button on the monitor. Soon enough the nurses and the attending physician in charge rush in and help Yuto with the struggling boy.

"IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!! A SET UP!!! IT WASN'T MY FAULT!!!!"

~to be continued~