Part 9

The news about Chinen being in prison naturally causes chaos in the entertainment industry. The jimusho has been receiving various phone calls and crowded by hundreds of reporters from all over Asia demanding a press conference from Mr. Johnny regarding this issue.

For a moment Yabu feels relieve that Mr. Johnny moved them to this location before all this started. Nowhere in the city is safe for them anymore. But somehow he wishes that he is with Ryutaro and Hikaru who are staying over at Tackey's house right now. He wants to be of some help to solve this case. More than anything, he wants to protect Ryutaro.

As Daiki predicted the staff person in-charge of them came in this morning, checking on them. All that remains in the manor gather in the living room to greet him, telling that Ryutaro and Hikaru are still both sleeping at that hour as the excuse. When such words came from the good-boy Daiki no one would argue any further. The staff doesn't even bother to check the rooms. He left not long after with Yamada who begged to be brought to see Chinen. More security is added around the manor compound.

Knowing that this trick won't succeed forever Takaki came out with the idea that they will take turn to investigate in the city.

"What's in your mind Kota?" Inoo approaches the only boy sitting in the living room with a cup of tea in his hand. "I hate that troublesome face of yours."

Yabu forces himself to smile. "I'm worried about Chii."

"You're like a father," Inoo sits next to Yabu, searching for the boy's fingers at the same time. "Daijyobu, Ryu will definitely solve this mystery."

"I'm such a useless leader. I can't protect all of you. I envy that boy. Ryu seems to be so energetic and has sharp mind. With his strong will he can do a lot of things. But me? I almost give up in between," Yabu grips Inoo's hand stronger.

"That's not true. You have a lot to take on your plate too," Inoo tries to comfort the worried boy. "You deal with the staffs, the jimusho. You always favor our childish wishes when Mr. Johnny came against them. You are the perfect person to lead this group Kota. Just for this time around you should let Ryu to take the role. He's not trying to make you feel bad about yourself; he just wanted to take away some burden for you. It's his area of specialty after all. You know how much he loves forensic science."

"But I don't want to put him through trauma!"

"He's not a kid anymore Kota. You can't protect us forever. Even Keito. It's not your fault. So please stop blaming yourself. Lie on us sometimes."

Yabu looks deep into Inoo's eyes. There's care within his stare. Inoo might be right. Ever since Keito disappeared Yabu has never get the rest that he needs. All the time he will stay in his room updating the jimusho about their well-being as well as checking on all the security cameras. He often wakes up at night and walks from room to room- making sure that everybody is on their bed. Sometimes he did it more than twice per night.

Yes, he is paranoid of losing another member.

That's why when Yamada disappears from the hospital ground Yabu almost becoming half-insane.

"Do you know why Ryu brings Hika with him and not you?" Inoo asks. Yabu shook his head.

"Because he knows how stressful you are. He's aware that you checked on us every night. He wants you to take some rest Kota."

Yabu takes a sip of tea from the cup. The warmth from the hot tea slowly travels down his gut and reaches the peripheries.

"Thank you Kei," Yabu put the cup back on the tray. "You have been so helpful and supportive," he kisses Inoo's hand. "You're right, I need some rest. Can I sleep in your room?"