Part 12

Ryutaro sits quietly in the messy attic. He just received Angel's death news less than a minute ago. His hand is shaking like crazy. His head is spinning. He doesn't know what to think anymore.

Hikaru went to Angel's house before going to Okamoto's resident on that fated day. Surprising enough he found cat's graveyard not far from the house. It wasn't difficult at all to dig out the place since everything seemed superficial. Looking at the texture of the soil the place hasn't been touched for months. And as the small sign said, he found tones of dead cats (which have some turn into bones), all inside one large hole.

Forensic was called, and they arrived at the scene not too long after. Hikaru rushed to Keito's house to find the 'gift' that he has been receiving since six months ago. Due to his respect to the poor animals Keito buried the cat's organs he received at the backyard. Hikaru and Mr. Okamoto together searched for the possible place, and they were lucky enough to find it. They later brought the smelly pieces to the police station to be given to the forensic team in short period of time.

The report of the initial investigation was released immediately two days later. It is confirmed that the organs belong to the poor cats found in the cat's graveyard.

It's all makes sense to Ryutaro now. Before joining JUMP management team Angel was the one who sent the deadly presents to Keito. And when she was finally accepted to JUMP family, she stopped.

Nobody has ever been suspicious on her. Nobody was aware that Angel was the lunatic stalker they have been searching all this while. And worse, nobody was aware of her evil intention to make Keito 'hers' forever.

"Ryu nii-chan."

Ryutaro turns around. Sayuri is standing at one corner of the attic.

"What are you doing here Ryu nii-chan?" Sayuri comes closer to the boy. "Are you summoning Keito nii-chan again?"

Ryutaro smiles. "You've been watching me aren't you?"

Sayuri nods as she sits next to the older boy, putting Momo on her lap. "He won't be coming here again."

"But why?" Ryutaro is suddenly at the brink of tears. "I can't accept it's ending this way. I want to talk to him once again," he makes a fist and thumps the sofa. Yes, he solved the riddles. But in the end he got nothing. Angel committed suicide, and Keito's body is not yet to be found.

Angel once again went into comatose state due to the severe spinal cord injury she had after falling from the hospital building. She left a suicide note in her room, confessing to all the crime and that she used Chinen to achieve her goal. Today she was pronounced brain-dead and euthanasia was done.

Despite the strenuous effort by the research team, Keito's body is still missing. They searched the accident site several times, but in the end came back hopeless. And ever since that night Keito never respond to the summon again, no matter how many times Ryutaro tries.

It has been two weeks since. Tomorrow JUMP will go back to the city and start living as an idol again.

Without Keito.

"Why he didn't answer me?" Ryutaro mumbles the same question once again. His tears fall before he knew.

"Well, there're two possibilities," Sayuri plays with Momo's ears. "It's either he has crossed to the afterlife, or..."

"Or what?"

Sayuri looks deeply into Ryutaro's eyes. "His soul has returned to his body."

"No matter how you look at it, the second possibility is very much less likely," Ryutaro sighs. "It keeps bothering me though. Why can't he remember what happened to him? Why he never bother to tell us where his body is located while we were talking to him at that time?"